Fifteen | You skipped a few steps...

Normal Au | Angst, Fluff

Summary- After the War Naruto fights his feelings for his best friend. A Wedding brings them together.

-

Sasuke was now back. It was finally getting better. After a few months of punishment, and another few of supervision, Sasuke was finally allowed to become a ninja again. He was soon promoted to Jonin, with the help of the new arm Naruto had convinced him to get. They hadn't talked in a while, mostly because Naruto was out on Missions or supervising his Genin Team while Sasuke was bombarded with fangirls. One night Naruto realized his literal obsession with the Uchiha, he had been obsessed for years. Obsessed to catch up to him, obsessed to save him, obsessed to keep their bond and now obsessed with getting his attention. It was getting unhealthy. He had his fair share of suitors after saving the Village, but it still could not compare to almost the whole female population wanting to revive the Uchiha Clan with Sasuke. 

"Naruto, your food" Sakura let out a sigh. The pair sat in a diner wearing their respective Jonin uniforms. Across from her was her best friend, who had really changed after Sasuke came back. She had gotten over him, and even started talking to Lee. 

"I'm so single..." Naruto mumbled. He stuck a fry into his mouth, angrily chewing.

"Your the one who rejected the girl who loved you" Sakura snorted. She took a sip of her soda.

"Sorry I didn't love her back! Plus Kiba has a thing for her, I couldn't do that to him" Naruto retorted. 

"Sorry, Sorry, atleast they got together in the end" Sakura replied, waving her hand in the air to dismiss the subject. Yes, Kiba and Hinata had finally gotten together, they have now been dating for around three months.

Shikamaru and Temari were now engaged, Lee and Sakura were talking, Choji now had a girlfriend from Kumo, Ino started dating Sai, and Shino was said to have a lover. The only single ones were Sasuke, Naruto, and TenTen, but she was still in love with Neji and probably wouldn't be dating anytime soon after his passing. 

"Dude, Just like ask some girl out" Sakura said. Naruto gave her an are-you-kidding-me face before stuffing another fry into his mouth.

"Oh, right Sasuke..." She mumbled, rolling her eyes.

"I see why you like him with your whole bond and whatever, but like, your way too good for him. That guys an asshole-don't speak- he is probably just gonna fuck some random girl to revive his clan. Your better without him, you've been independent your whole life, afterall." Sakura claimed in a serious tone.

"I spent years chasing after him, I cant deny my feelings" Naruto replied in a soft tone.

"Look, we've been friends for years, I know you like the back of my hand. I get you love him, but I don't know if he would treat you right" She said with a worried expression. 

"Ugh...Your not wrong" Naruto mumbled. He let out a sigh, turning over to the window next to their booth. Outside, in the middle of the street he saw Sasuke passing with a group of girls following him, all engaged in a one-sided conversation.

"Hmph, doesn't even know how to treat the teammates who stuck with him all along" Sakura started to rant while angrily eating Naruto's fries. The blond rolled his eyes, slightly laughing as the girl continued to steal his food and mumble while blushing in embarrassment.

From outside the restaurant Sasuke had stopped, the group of girls handing him all sorts of letters and treats. He looked up and caught the view of his two teammates. Both were sitting with sad expressions. He watched them closely as the girls continued to talk, unaware that he wasn't paying attention. Sasuke watched as their mood shifted, Sakura started to look angry while Naruto laughed. He noticed a small blush on Sakura's face and instantly felt his heart clench.