Poison

3rd pov

It's not unusual for the class to be found after school, working in the chemistry room, wearing face masks, gloves and aprons. They take their time, slow and steady, not wanting to knock something over and nudge it far too hard. Even Karma is gentle in this class, refusing to hurt one of his few friends by knocking something on them. They all know where and how to use the shower they have in all classes that use chemicals.

Isogai, Sugino, Karma, Nagisa, Okuda and Okajima are there after class today, making some kind of poison that they hope will work, though with their sensei being made of something unusual and moving at great speeds, they are not entirely hopeful that it will work. They're still going to try and everything, but they are not getting their hopes up because no other poison has worked and it's honestly something they're doing to bond, because they all wanted to spend time together in someway. 

Karma watches, not willing to touch too much of the stuff they are mixing with today. They're mixing acid, some kind of corrosive chemical and a simple food coloring to change it to the color that will most distract their teacher. Karma is gentle in this class, but there's only so gentle he can be, even as they all smoothly work around each other. Karma finally sighs and backs off as they move to do the more delicate part, leaving that to Sugino, Okuda and Okajima. Those three are the smoothest workers, not a single shake in their hands. 

Karma leans against the wall, leaning subtly against Isogai beside him, simply because he wants to, while they both watch the others, keeping an eye on what the group is doing, trying to get the measurements exact. Karma sees it almost as if it's in slow motion, watching as Nagisa moves and knocks something off the table, heading towards the ground, where if it shatters, it will splatter all three of them. Karma lunges, using Isogai as that little bit of extra leverage, shoving off him and catching all three with his arm. He knocks them all away, but the unfortunate affect is that he does not end up completely out of the way.

It splashes hot against the entire bottom of his left leg, all the way to the back of his knee, the heat causing Karma to grit his teeth. If he remembers correctly, this was one of their poison attempts, though exactly which one he has been covered in is unknown. The three beneath him are trying to figure out what happened, asking Karma questions, while he's focused far too much on the pain. Isogai hurries over after recovering, grabbing Karma's arm and hauling him up and taking all weight off his leg. Karma grunts but does not try to fight him and both hurry over to the shower.

Isogai doesn't bother moving away and just yanks the handle, making sure that Karma's leg is under the spray as they watch the water go down the drain. The other three finally get over themselves and hurry over, with Okuda grabbing a pair of tweezers to get the few pieces of glass that lodged into his leg out. They watch as a few tiny slivers are pulled out, though the worst part has to be the burn covering the entire back of his leg. He's going to have some real troubles walking the next few days and sitting for that matter too. 

Karma groans, already imagining the troubles this is going to give him the next few days, while the others hurry to clean and wrap the burn, since that's something the first aid kit in the chemistry room is equipped for. They decide that they're done for the day and pack up, cleaning everything and leaving their failures out to finish, before helping Karma with his stuff and out of the building. They take the same train as well, as far as they can, until only Karma is the only one on the train anymore. The others has really not wanted to let Karma go on his own, especially once they saw how heavy the limp Karma had was, but there's nothing they can do.

Karma groans, he feels off, his stomach churning and the back of his throat almost feeling clogged. He coughs a few times, clears his throat, anything he can think of, but nothing works and he ends up going to bed feeling a bit sick. He wakes up the next morning with the feeling of something blocking his throat stronger than it was before, while the pain in his leg is worse, the cream having worn off. Karma takes a cool shower that morning, making sure to get his leg well, before covering it with more cream and then gauze. He wears short socks today, not because he wants to show off the burn, but wanting to not have anything dig into it.