Chapter 101: The Siblings

Start from the beginning

Surely the message had been relayed to Mitsu.

Though if it had, he was sure that Makoto would have found a way to him by now. If she hadn't received the message, then was she okay herself?

Sato knew he was in a bad situation himself, but he hoped his sister wasn't in a bad one either.

His eyes opened when the latch to the door opened. Light flooded into the room as the door slowly opened. A woman stood by the frame.

"Time for training." She responded. "You're lacking due to your time away."

Sato stood up, not allowing his shaking to show from his hunger. "What a joyish time that was." Sato's voice was scratchy and weak. His remark rewarded him with a fist to his face. He fell to the ground, his hands unable to catch him due to being restrained.

Under normal circumstances that hit wouldn't have sent Sato down. He hated how weak he felt without food for days.

"It seems that I'll need to reeducate you on your mannerisms as well." She spoke, leaning down and grasping the chain around his wrists and tugging him up. "Stand up. It's only been two weeks without anything to eat. We've got another two more weeks until we reach home."

"That's not home." He mumbled, only to be stuck down once more.

"It is. You won't be escaping again." Rather than continue to argue, the woman turned and walked back out of the door. "I'll leave you to your thoughts then. Be better prepared in an hour." Without another word she slammed the door shut, the light left the room and he was left in the dark once more.

Immediately he shut his eyes and began trying to breath correctly as his lungs wanted to stop working again. He hummed to himself quietly, hoping to rid the sound of his heartbeat thumping in his ears.

He knew he was being deliberately starved. They had made that clear to him. It was a form of punishment they claimed made you stronger. Their thoughts, only the weak of our blood die after only a month without food.

Clearly they didn't know how the human body works.

Last time he only had to survive two weeks of them starving him before he managed to escape. Rather, until he had been rescued by Uncle Shanks.

This time it was different. His Uncle wasn't actively looking for him and at this point he has to assume that Mitsu didn't get the message. Which means nobody is aware of his current status. He needed to escape on his own this time.

If that was possible.

.....................................................................

"You didn't slash away the dreams." Katsu mumbled, rubbing her eye as she looked up at Zoro.

He rose an eyebrow at the red haired female. "Excuse me? You didn't have any nightmare."

She paused to think it over, then slowly nodded in agreement. "Yeah..."

"Then that means I did my job." Zoro crossed his arms over his chest smirking.

With the help of the crew they've managed to get Katsu to get some sleep and eat some. However, one draw back seems to be that she was only able to sleep next to Zoro for a couple of hours at a time. Nobody has objected on it, not even Sanji, given that it seems to be helping the artist.

Chopper has tried to drag Katsu into his office multiple times to attempt to give her some therapy sessions. However the doctor isn't sure if it's helping because all she does is avoid his questions and redirect them towards other subjects. Somehow she's tricked Chopper into explaining how different poisons work on the body.