Chapter 1:The Beginning of the End

"Its early in the afternoon and in just a couple hours the grimoire ceremony would begin. On the a hill lies a church for orphans. This is where their story begins."

Sister Lily: Asta! Yuno! It's time eat lunch! *She screams*

Asta/Yuno:*Enters the church*

Father Orsi:*Prepares everyone's plates with food*

Nash:Really? Pot potatoes again?!

Sister Lily:I'm sorry nash but it's all we can afford right now.*Jokingly says* At least it's better than starving.

Nash: yeah I guess your right.

Father Orsi:All right dig in.

Asta:*With stars in his eyes* This is so amazing!

Yuno:Asta you've eaten these countless of times. Do you ever get sick of them?

Asta:Nope not at all.

Nash: You really are something else aren't you Asta.

Asta: What do you mean?

Yuno: He means how are you never sick of pot potatoes?

Asta: Well it's because I'm grateful that we even get food considering we practically have no source of money.

*Sister Lily and Father Orsi are touched at Asta's words and after lunch they head to the grimoire tower for the ceremony*

*Everything plays out just like it normally did in the manga/anime where asta doesn't receive his grimoire but instead of yuno getting ambushed they all head home*

Asta:*Runs up stairs to his room*

Sister Lily: I feel so bad for Asta...he didn't receive his grimoire.

All of them:*Agree with her*

Father Orsi:Well it's getting pretty late so you kids should go to bed.

All the kids including Yuno: Alright, goodnight father see you in the morning.

Sister Lily: So what are we going to do?

Father Orsi: Do what?

Sister Lily: Asta...what are we going to do about asta?

Father Orsi:I don't know...maybe a suprize pot potato party?

Sister Lily: No that wouldn't work...Oh! I have an idea?

Father Orsi: What is it?

Sister Lily:*Whispers in his ears so the kids don't hear her plan*

Father Orsi: That might just work.

*Outside on the roof of the church asta is just sitting there*

Asta:Well this blows. I guess I'll just keep training and try next year.*He turns his head to the giant demon*

Asta: Yeah I'll just have to keep getting stronger till one day i get my grimoire.

*Asta headed back through the window he climbed out of and went to sleep*