Nightmare comfort

Neutral caregiver x neutral reader

You wake up in a cold sweat and look around. Although it was just a nightmare you couldn't help but cry and grab your favorite stuffie. You ran from your room and jumped on your caregiver who was on the couch.
"Bun what's wrong??? Hey hey don't cry daddy's here" daddy wraps their arms around you as you cry loudly into their chest.
"H-had ba-bad dweam!" You wail in between hiccups. Your daddy rubs your back in small circles.
"Oh angel it's going to be alright. Daddy will keep you safe. Do you want to talk about it baby bun?" You quickly shake your head sniffling.
"Nu uh! Fowgets n cuddwe wib daddy!" You nuzzle into your daddy's chest finding comfort in their scent and warmth.
"Alright bunny that's okay. Try to breathe for daddy okay? Breathe with daddy" Daddy takes some slow deep breathes as you do the same between hiccups slowly calming down. Your daddy lays down with you on their chest. You listen to the strong steady beating of their heart. You stifle a yawn knowing your daddy would make you go back to bed if they knew you were tired. Your daddy looks at you noticing your tiredness and looks at the time.
'It's still pretty early I should have bunny go back to bed but I don't want them to have another nightmare. My poor baby.'
"Daddy wut chu tinkin?" You say poking your daddy's cheek sleepily.
"I was just thinking that you should really go back to bed but I don't want my baby to have another nightmare. Hm if your tired daddy can sleep with you tonight? How about that bunny?" Your daddy is usually a night owl and you love their cuddles!
"Yesh pwease!!!! Cawwy meeeeeeee" you demand knowing you're royalty in your daddy's mind.
"Okay baby bun time for cuddles and sleep" your daddy smiles and picks you up taking you to bed. They get under the blankets and hold you close as you snuggle into their chest slowly letting yourself drift into a peaceful sleep. Your daddy presses a kiss to your head before whispering,
"Daddy loves you bunny. I'm going to keep you safe I promise" before drifting off knowing you're safe in their arms.