“The bacon!” She pulls away and returns her attention to the stove. Screw the bacon. 

I wait, very patiently, for the bacon to finish cooking before I lift Lexi up in my arms. She starts laughing as she dangles from my arms. I carry her that way, into the living room. Dropping he rondo the couch I climb on top of her, caging her in. 

“Nickolas!” She squeals.

“What?” I smirk at her.

“Let me go!” She laughs.

“No.” 

She struggles against me, a huge grin on her face, and fails miserably. 

“You’re my mate.” I kiss her jawline. She calms down as I pepper kisses on her neck. 

I pause for a moment and stare at her bare neck. My mark will go there. Absolutely, very soon. Or on the other side. Wherever she wants. Then mark her. 

I want to. It’s impossible to describe my burning desire to sink my teeth into Lexi’s small neck, to mix her scent with mine, to let everyone know she belongs to me. It’s been a year since I met her, it should be fine to. Right? Of course!

Lexi

I try to push Nickolas off of me and fail. 

“Nickolas?” 

Nickolas stares at my neck. His eyes are flicking between brown and yellow. He has me locked in place, his body weight preventing me from moving. I knew it. He’s going to mark me unwillingly. His eyes are a solid yellow as he lowers to my neck. Yes! Mark me! My stupid wolf. 

I shut my eyes. I’ve heard that the first seconds on the marking process are extremely painful, though the feeling afterwards overcomes the pain. It’s useless to do anything. His wolf is in complete control and he knows his mate’s not going anywhere; she can’t. 

His breath brushes against my neck and I let out a small whimper. I wait for it. For the pain. For the mark. But it doesn’t come. Instead, Nickolas presses his soft lips against my neck.

“I’m sorry.” He whispers before getting off of me. 

He didn’t mark me. I feel incredibly relieved that he didn’t. But also worried. His wolf must be going insane right now, demanding he do so. Nickolas sits down on a single chair placing his head on his hands. 

“It’s okay. Thank you.” I rub his back and sit on the arm of the chair. 

“I really want to.” He hangs his head.

“I really want you to, some day.” I smile weakly. 

“C’mon, before the food gets cold.” He gets up and walks back to the kitchen. I silently follow him and divide the cooked food on two plates. Nickolas takes out some juice and pours it into glasses for us. 

“So, what do you want to do today?”

Nickolas