chapter 56 - one shot

"All right

"All right. We have a plan. Six stones three teams, one shot." Steve announced walking over to the screen as the rest of the team stood there mentally preparing to time travel.

After the team put on there time travel suits they headed towards the machine. They would be lying if they said they weren't nervous.

"Five years ago we lost. All of us. We lost friends, we lost family. We lost a part of ourselves. Today, we have a chance to take it all back. You know your teams. You know your missions. Get the stones. Get them back." Steve have the team a pep talk, the Avengers put their fists in the middle giving a proper send off. "One round trip each. No mistakes. No do overs. Most of us are going somewhere we know. That doesn't mean we should know what to expect. Be careful. Look out for each other. This is the fight of our lives. And we're gonna win. Whatever it takes. Good luck."

"He's pretty good at that." Rocket commented.

"Right." Scott replied.

"No pressure, I love you guys. Now let's bring back our family." Lennox smiled over to Steve next to her.

"All right. You heard the man. Stroke those keys, Jolly green." Tony glanced around at the team.

"Teachers engaged."

"You promise to bring that back in one piece, right?" Rocket narrowed his eyes at Clint.

"Yeah, yeah, yeah. Okay, I'll do my best."

"As promises go, that was pretty lame. Your sister is way cooler." Rocket took a jab at Clint.

"See you in a minute." Natasha looked over at Steve and Lennox, Lenna smiled back at her with excitement filled in her eyes.

The helmets engaged covering their face. The team flew through the quantum realm, and departed in separate ways.

Lennox, Steve, Tony, Bruce, and Scott landed in New York 2012.

"All right, we all have our assignments. Two stones uptown, one stone down. Stay low. Keep an eye on the clock." Steve got cut off by Hulk smashing aliens with a car. Bruce covered his face with his hand in embarrassment. "Maybe smash a few things along the way."

"I think it's gratuitous, but whatever." Bruce ripped off his shirt and roared softly not selling his act. Then his fist his a taxi very unenthusiastic about it.

"Doing great." Lennox put up her thumbs before being dragged with the rest of the group.

The group began lurking around the old Stark tower.

"Better hustle Cap. Things look they're just about wrapped up here." Tony said through the headset.

"Got it. I'm approaching the elevator now." Steve replied.

"Mr Rogers. I almost forgot that, that suit did nothing for your ass." Tony scoffed.

"No one asked you to look, Tony." Steve answered through the headset.