chapter 57 - let me be free

"Cap

"Cap. Dragon." Tony said sitting in a car, with Scott. "Sorry, we got a problem."

Scott scoffed, "yeah we do."

"Well what are we gonna do now?" Steve asked.

"You know what? Give me a break, Steve. I just got hit in the head with the hulk." Tony rubbed his head, Scott and Steve stood across from each other and Lennox paced.

"You said that we had one shot. This was our one shot. We shot it. It's shot. Six stones or nothing. It was six stones or nothing."

"You're repeating yourself. You know that? You're repeating yourself." Tony pointed out.

"You're repeating yourself. You're repeating yourself." Scott got defensive.

"Dude come on!" Tony grunted.

"No. You never wanted a time heist. You weren't on board with the time heist."

"I dropped the ball."

"You ruined the time heist."

"Is that what I did?"

"Yeah."

"Are there any other options with the tesseract?"

"Go back to your era and get it." Lennox mumbled. "But first get more particles. I mean we are in 2012."

"She got it.A stroll down memory lane. Garden State." Tony snapped his finger finally clicking in his brain.

"When we're they both there?"

"They were there at a time. I have a vaguely exact idea."

"How vague?"

"What are you talking about? Where are we going?"

"I know for a fact they were there."

"Who's they? What are we doing?" Scott continued to ask his questions while Steve and Tony continued to figure out what they were doing. "Guys, what is it?"

"Looks like we're improvising."

"Great." Tony replied.

"What are we improvising?" Scott asked.

"Scott, get this back to the compound." Steve handed the scepter to Scott.

"Suit up." Tony demanded.

"What's in New Jersey?" Scott asked again.

"0-4. Uh 0-7. 1-9-7-0."

"Are you sure?"

"Cap. Steve. Sorry. America. Rogers. Look if you do this. And it doesn't work, you're not coming back."

"Thanks for the pep talk. Pissant." Tony looked at Scott then turned to Tony. "You trust me?"