chapter 41 - the following days

The following days after losing against Thanos, most would describe them as sad and painful

The following days after losing against Thanos, most would describe them as sad and painful. But for the Avengers they were feeling hopeless and lost without everyone. The Avengers facility was emptier than before, Rocket, Lennox, Steve, Thor, Natasha, Rhodey, and Bruce were the only Avengers left, they had Pepper who didn't know what to do with herself because her fiancé could be dead or lost at space. Pepper was terrified to face reality. Of course so was everyone else. Not many words were spoken in the following days, it was quiet but definitely not a good silence, it was a horrible grief filled sadness.

Lennox and Steve barely spoke a word to each other, they went to sleep on their own sides of the bed. Lennox forced food down her throat, Steve went into working out to try and get rid of the emptiness. Natasha tried to stay positive because Steve always advised her to but it was hopeless. Pepper stress cooked for everyone, Rhodey was still trying to process everything. Rocket tried to look unbothered but he was hurting. Thor blamed himself and turned to silence. Bruce kept searching for a way to bring everyone back but he kept hitting a dead end.

Spirits were low. The Avengers had to keep moving, criminals took the blip as an easy way to get away with crimes, police and law enforcement were low so Avengers stepped in. It wasn't the same. Lennox kept wanting to go back home before all of this happened but now she wishes that they stayed home and safe. It's horrible for her to think that way apparently but it's her way of thinking at the moment. There was no word from Clint so Lennox had to pretty much assume that he was dead, she was still processing the fact that her family was gone so quickly.

"Rogers, can you beat this water up?" Rocket asked Lennox, he was the first to pretty much break the awkward silence and tension. No one tried to speak to Lennox, Steve would try but he was at a loss for words. Natasha didn't want to open her mouth because if she did, she would have to talk about the trauma they had just endured.

"Yeah-uhm of course." Lennox stuttered, eyes were on her she walked over to Rocket and made a flame go near the water, heating it up quickly.

"C'mon guys, you are acting like it's so foreign not to speak. We still have each other." Rhodey blurted out, everyone looked up at him but then looked away.

"We may have lost almost everyone, but we are still here." Bruce joined in, agreeing with Rhodeys statement.

"I have a bad guy to catch." Lennox stated, leaving the room swiftly. Steve sighed and placed his hands on his face exhaustedly. 

He watched Lennox leave the room, everyone's eyes averted to his. "Don't give me that look. We are all in pain." Steve told them.

"Yeah, but at least your wife is still here." Natasha commented, she wasn't trying to sound mean or jealous, she just wanted Steve to go after his wife and not lose her as wall.

Pepper was the next one to speak up, she had just entered the room. "There is someone named Captain Marvel at the door."

"Who?" Rocket scrunched up his face.

"I'll get it." Steve exhaled, knowing no one else would do anything about it. He walked towards the front door. Opening it he found a girl in a latex catsuit with blonde hair down slightly past her shoulders with a concerned face. "Can we help you?"

"What the hell happened to this place?" She questioned, inviting herself into the room. "I got a call from Fury and when i got there he wasn't there or like anyone."

"Thanos snapped 50% of people and creatures from existence." Steve replied and followed behind Captain Marvel who was searching around the facility. "I'm sorry who are you?"

"Carol Danvers, also know as Captain Marvel i usually reside in space but Fury called me before he was 'snapped out of existence'" She used air quotes at the end of her statement.

"Your from space?" Pepper asked, overhearing her conversation with Steve. "Do you think you could find my fiancé, his name is Tony Stark and he went into space and never came back." Pepper pleaded to the blonde haired female.

"I can try. Wait who are all of you?"

"The Avengers." Rhodey added, joining into the conversation when Lennox walked through the house. "Steve go take care of your wife."

Steve followed after his wife, she had tears running down her face as she kicked and slammed shit.

Steve grabbed her hand stopping her from continuing to walk towards their bedroom. "What's wrong, darling?"

"They started-" She choked on her spit for a second. "They started putting names on tombstones. The first one is up already." She hid her face in her hands while Steve wrapped his arms around his wife. It was the first time anyone has really talked about the trauma everyone has just endured.

 It was the first time anyone has really talked about the trauma everyone has just endured