chapter 38 - incoming

Avengers or at least the ones still on Earth walking into Wakanda, the jet has landed the team was pumped on adrenaline

Avengers or at least the ones still on Earth walking into Wakanda, the jet has landed the team was pumped on adrenaline. Lennox held onto Steve's hand as the door opened, they were welcomed with King T'Challa and his army.

"Seems like i'm always thanking you for something." Steve shook T'Challa's hand. Banner cleared his throat and bowed to the king.

"What are you doing?" Rhodey asked Bruce.

"Uh, we don't do that here." T'Challa informed the scientist, "So how big of an assault should we expect?" 

"Uh, sir, i think you should expect quite a big assault." Banner pushed through the group of Avengers.

"How we looking?" Natasha asked T'Challa.

"You will have my Kingsguard, the Border Tribe, the Dora Milaje, and..." T'Challa pointed off into the distance.

"And a semi-stable 100-year-old man." Bucky walked towards Steve and embraced him into a hug.

"How you been, Buck?"

"Uh, not bad, for the end of the world." Bucky said with a smile on his face, he always tried to stay optimistic and not go all sappy. "It seems you've been doing better than me, i see that ring fire girl." Bucky pointed at Lennox's hand.

"Shut up, Jerk." Steve rolled his eyes.

"No, Steve, he can admire the ring all he wants it really is an awesome, gorgeous ring." Lennox smiled cheekily as she walked along side the two best friends.

The team of Avengers were standing in Shuri's lab as she scanned Visions body, Lennox held onto Wandas hand, to bring some comfort to the young witch. Steve stood observing from afar while Bruce Banned stood close to Vision and Shuri to he could fill Shuri in.

"The structure is polymorphic." Shuri gasped as she looked at the image her hologram was showing.

"Right, we had to attach each neuron non-sequentially." Banner informed the Wakanda Princess.

"Why didn't you just reprogram the synopses to work collectively?" Shuri questioned the scientist.

"Because we didn't think of it." Bruce Banner stuttered out as the teenage scientist one upped him.

"I'm sure you did your best." Shuri smiled at the man.

"Can you do it?" Wanda questioned impatiently while the man she loves laid on a table.

"Yes, but there are more than two trillion neurons here. One misalignment could cause a cascade of circuit failures. It will take time, brother." Shuri explained to Wanda and everyone else in the room.

"I have no idea what any of this means." Lennox whispered to Nat.

"I only know what neurons are from Amara, so we are in the same boat." She chuckled softly to Lennox, quietly so no one else could hear.

"How long?" Steve inquired, the team was almost out of time so they were on a time crunch.

"As long as you can give me." Shuri replied, then beeping went off making everyone's heads turn. They all looked at Okeye who held a hologram on her wrist.

"Somethings entered the atmosphere." She stated.

"Yay, fun right." Lennox sarcastically laughed, she was trying to hide her fear as she stood near Wanda and Natasha.

"Hey, Cap, we got a situation here." Sam announced through the head piece. An explosion could be heard and seen as it bounced off the forcefield keeping Wakanda from danger.

"I love this place." Bucky exhaled in amazement of how much he adored Wakanda.

"Don't start celebrating yet, guys. We got more incoming outside the dome." War Machine told the team through the comms.

"It's too late." Vision groaned sitting up from the table. "We need to destroy the stone now."

"Vision!" Lennox shouted at the man.

"Vision, get your ass back on the table." Natasha scolded the robot.

"We will hold them off." T'Challa announced, walking out of the room.

"Wanda, as soon as the stones out of his head you blow it to hell." Steve told the young Avenger.

"I will." Wanda replied letting go of Lennox's hand.

"Evacuate the city. Engage all defenses. And get this man a shield." T'Challa pointed at Steve, it was time for the team to fight for their world.

The team was on Wakanda ships as they brought the team and along with all the other fighters to the border. Steve stood next to his wife, Lennox held flames in her fingers as her eyes glowed orange ready to fight.

"How we looking, Bruce?" Natasha asked the man in the hulk smashing suit that Tony had made.

"Yeah, i think i'm getting the hang of it." Bruce replied in the comms as he blasted himself in the air over the ship Steve, Lennox and T'Challa were on. "Wow! This is amazing, man. It's like being the Hulk without actually.." Then Bruce tripped over a rock causing Lennox to cackle and Steve sent her a look so he wouldn't start laughing. "I'm okay. I'm okay."

"I've got two hear signatures breaking through the tree line." Rhodey informed everyone. The ships landed and out went all the armies and the Avengers creating a line of defense.

T'Challa thanked M'baku while their armies chanted things in their native languages. The Avengers plus Bucky stood in the middle next to T'Challa.

"We fought this bitch already, we should have killed her but no 'we don't fight to kill we fight to win'" Lennox moved her hands in a sarcastic tone while mocking Steve's voice.

"Lennox, now isn't the time." Steve looked down at his wife. Her hands held fire and her eyes were colored as amber flames. Lennox, T'Challa, Steve, and Natasha headed to the border to meet with the aliens.

"Where's your other friend?" Natasha taunted the aliens.

"You will pay for his life with yours." Proxima Midnight told the group of four defenders. "Thanos will have that stone."

"That's not going to happen." Steve told the blue haired alien and the big alien.

"You are in Wakanda now. Thanos will have nothing but dust and blood." T'Challa spit at the aliens.

"We have blood to spare." Proxima said to the group, she raised her scepter and the ships behind her rised up. The group retreated back to the line of defense.

"They surrender?" Bucky questioned as he stared ahead at the aliens.

"Not exactly." Steve replied.