chapter 14 - all smiles

In Steve's mind Lennox had magic in her eyesthat even stars envied, they were beautiful and mesmerizing

that even stars envied, they were beautiful and mesmerizing. He could get lost in them anytime of the day but it would not matter because he would not be lost, just wandering.

It was breakfast time, Rhodey and Sam were attempting to make pancakes this morning, they denied help from Lennox or Amara. Everyone else thought it was comical, if you even made the slightest of sound Sam would kick you out of the kitchen.

That would be why everyone else was sitting at the dining room table. Steve sat next to Lennox on the other side of Lennox was Wanda. Across the table was Amara who sat next to Natasha. Vision was sitting at the head of the table reading the newspaper since he could not eat.

Steve had not even given a clue to where he was taking Lennox tonight, Natasha was the only other person who knew.

"Can you please tell me where we are going tonight?" Lennox pleaded, she was on the edge of her seat. She was not a patient person, especially when it came to surprises. Clint had the hardest time keeping Lennox from finding out what he bought her for Christmas so he stopped buying presents until the day before Christmas or her birthday.

"I'm not telling you, but i will tell you that we will leave at 9pm." Steve turned to face the brunette.

"Relationships are built on not keeping secrets so you should tell me." Lennox crossed her arms, Wanda and Steve found it hilarious so they were laughing their asses off. "It's not funny, this is a serious matter."

"Lenna, you wouldn't know what a serious matter is if it kicked you in the ass." Amara commented.

"I'm sorry i like to not talk about serious things, it makes me laugh." Lennox raised her hands in defense.

"Id bring a jacket, or don't because you can wear Steve's." Nat winked from across the table.

"You see! Nat is what you call a trustworthy and helpful person. Where is the damn food, you all are stressing me out and i'm hangry." Lennox raised her voice loud enough for the men to hear her from the kitchen.

"Make your own damn food, dragon lady!" Sam shouted back.

"YOU WONT LET US IN THE KITCHEN." Lennox boomed.

"It's almost done, calm your damn horses." Rhodey yelled.

Nat stared Steve down.

"What?" Steve breathed out.

"They just said a bunch of bad language words." Natasha gasped teasingly making everyone giggle except Vision.

"Did you know that the weather for the next week is supposed to be quite chilly of course i won't be able to feel it that much." Vision interrupted the laughter.

"No i didn't-"

"Bon appétit." A plate of burnt pancakes were placed in front of the team.

"They look goo-" Amara started but was cut off by vision.