chapter 53 - time travel!

"Okay, here we go

"Okay, here we go. Time travel test number one." Bruce announced as Natasha, Lennox, and Steve stood to the side watching Scott get ready to time travel and Bruce conduct the experiment. "Scott, fire up... the uh, van thing." Scott opened up the back of a rusty van.

"Breakers are set. Emergency generators are on standby." Steve said walking towards Bruce.

"Good because if we blow the grid, I don't want to lose, uh, Tiny here in the 1950s."

"Hey, that's almost Steve's era." Lennox stifled a laugh getting a look from Steve.

"Excuse me." Scott questioned, looking at Bruce trying to figure out if he was actually going to get lost.

"He's kidding." Natasha answered. She looked up with a smile on her face, "you can't say things like that."

Bruce stammered, "it was a bad joke." Scott nodded not believing his words.

"You were kidding, right?" Natasha asked.

"I have no idea. We're talking about time travel here." Bruce whispered back, Lennox's head shot up and gave Scott and awkward smile before looking at Bruce to shut up. "Either it's all a joke or none of it is."

"Let's stop with the bad whispering and be more hopeful. Cmon we are doing freaking time travel here!" Lennox looked absolutely ecstatic, Scarlett was at school so she didn't have to worry about here touching time travel equipment and she was over the moon that she would get to see her family again. "You're gonna do great Scott!"

"Get your helmet on." Bruce looked up flashing a thumbs up. "Scott, I'm gonna need to send you back a week. Let you walk around for an hour. Then bring you back in 10 seconds. Make sense?"

"Perfectly not confusing." Scott replied.

"Good luck, Scott. You got this." Steve confidently told Scott.

"You're right. I do, Captain America." Scott said then was gone, shrunk into a smaller version and sent into the time machine.

"On the count of three. Three. Two. One." Bruce said as he tapped buttons, the machine whirled and a kid appeared.

"Uh... guys? This doesn't feel right."

"What is this?"

"Who is that?"

"Scott is that you?" Lennox queried from her comforting spot next to Natasha as she looked at the kid.

"Yes, it's Scott." Then he disappeared again.

"What's going on, Bruce?"

"Oh, my back!" The old man Scott whined.

"Oh god. He's old now. Bruce." Lennox frantically looked over at Bruce and then back at Scott.

"Could i get a little space here?" Bruce inquired trying not to freak out.