chapter 46 - Scarlett

"Okay, so what do we say when we want a cookie?" Natasha questioned the now two and a half year old, Scarlett loves her aunt Natasha especially when Nat steals her cookies

"Okay, so what do we say when we want a cookie?" Natasha questioned the now two and a half year old, Scarlett loves her aunt Natasha especially when Nat steals her cookies. Natasha was watching Scarlett while Steve and Lennox were on a mission, Nat didn't mind Scarlett was the only motivation she had to get out of bed most of the time.

"Cookie." Scarlett reached out her hand to grab the cookie.

Natasha sighed, "Okay, Scarlett work with me here kid, Aunt Nat is running out of patience we need you to be smarter than all the kids in preschool next year." Natasha held the cookie jar.

"Please cookie." Scarlett was persistent, Natasha cheered handing the baby a cookie. "Nat."

"Yes, Scar?"

"Dada?"

"Dada is not home, he will be soon." Natasha replied to the toddler, she was a Daddy's girl more than a Momma's girl, Lennox saw it as a hate crime while Steve laughed. The two parents only wanted the best for their daughter, they promised not to let her go through the same pain they felt. To not let her go down the same road, keep her away from all the loss. It was hard, Lennox and Steve didn't know how to prevent it, prevent the pain from their innocent baby. While Natasha looked at her niece as a motivation to make the world better for the toddler. Nat wants to do something meaningful for her life, to make baby Natasha and Amara proud.

"What did i tell you? Oh i know, don't go off without me." Lennox punched Steve's shoulder out of anger, while Steve held a look of defeat in his face. "There's my two favorite Natashas." Lennox picked up Scarlett and side hugged Nat.

"Sounds like you two had fun." Nat commented on the appearance of her two friends.

"Oh yeah, Lennox won't stop worrying about every little thing. Then i chase down the bad guy and i get yelled at for leaving her alone for three seconds." Steve complained.

"You can sleep on the couch with that attitude, you know i have separation anxiety and i miss our baby." Lennox walked out of the room dramatically with the toddler on her hip.

Natasha sent Steve a that-was-fucked-up look, Nat left and followed after Lennox making sure to punch Steve in the shoulder.

Steve groaned and grabbed a beer from the fridge before heading in the next room to watch television, he didn't have the energy to deal with the females.

"Can you believe him!" Lennox turned on the shower in the bathroom connected to her room. "Like what was he thinking, and to judge me. It angers me so much." Lennox started taking off her clothes while Nat sat on her bed playing with Scarlett.

"I agree, he was being an ass." Natasha nodded agreeing with her friend's statement.

"Also, he won't even have sex with me! I think it's been six months, am i not hot enough like is it because we are parents now?" Lennox complained while in the shower.