chapter 35 - a call from an old friend

It's been well over two years since the civil war, only been a week since the death of Amarianna Jane Foster-Romanoff it's taken a toll on the group of fugitive avengers

It's been well over two years since the civil war, only been a week since the death of Amarianna Jane Foster-Romanoff it's taken a toll on the group of fugitive avengers. Steve and Lennox are doing better from their fight yesterday, Natasha and Lennox are planting a garden of roses this morning in honor of their deceased best friend and wife. Steve and Sam finished the jet invade of emergencies. Wanda and Vision went back to their 'home'.

"It's kinda cold out today Nat." Lennox commented as they sat on the grass next to the flower bed.

"Suck it up." Natasha scolded Lennox.

"Amara would appreciate this, she loves roses. Did she ever tell you about her dance competition, she only did dance for a year. She sucked at it, but she forced me to bring roses so that she could feel better about how badly she danced. Then Clint and Laura took us to get ice cream. I miss those days." Lennox sighed as she patted the soil around the rose seeds.

"I don't think i'm ever going to go on a date again." Natasha sighed, "I think it would feel like i'm cheating, plus no one could ever live up to how amazing Mara was." Lennox offered a small smile to Natasha which she returned.

"You don't have to do anything you aren't ready for." Lennox advised, the laughter of Sam and Steve could be heard from the garage in the middle of the yard where the jet was stored. "Oh shit."

"What?" Nat asked.

"I burned the shovel." Lennox exhaled with a pout on her face.

"The wyvern is back in action." Natasha teased poking at Lennox's side.

After the two females finished planting they went inside to eat some lunch, the boys had the same idea because they weren't to far behind them.

They sat on the couch and watched a dumb TV show that makes them laugh because it makes no sense while they are mac and cheese because Steve loves simple food, he's a picky eater. Nobody was complaining they all love simple food to make, plus the casseroles Laura made for them had already been eaten due to Natasha's stress eating.

"I'm going to take a shower." Lennox announced to the group as she put her bowl into the sink. She walked up the stairs.

"Now that she's gone can we please go play with the jet?" Sam smiled at Natasha and Steve.

"No, that would be wrong." Natasha held in her sneaky smirk. "We should go test out the jet."

"I like this plan, come on." Steve got up from the couch. All three of them headed outside towards the jet, it also held all of their superhero suits for convenience.

After Lennox was done in the shower she got dressed and went out to look for everyone, the house was unnaturally quiet so foreign to Lennox, the house is never quiet especially when Sam comes to visit.

She knew exactly where they disappeared to when Lennox could hear Steve's music from when he was younger playing in the garage. Lennox told them that they shouldn't play with the jet because they could break it but they aren't ones to listen.

Lennox decided against going out there and instead start dinner, since the chicken she was making would take awhile to cook. As it cooked she cleaned up the house be out looked depressing, the people inside of the house were coping, there was trash everywhere and blankets on the floor from people not wanting to sleep alone. Last night all four of them slept on the ground because being alone scared them. Natasha, Steve, and Sam cling onto Lennox like she was the savior in the house. She didn't complain they kept her warm all night in the cold house.

About an hour lasted the trio went back inside from the garage.

"Lennox!" Steve called out to his wife. They could smell dinner cooking but there was no one in the kitchen.

"I'm upstairs!" Lennox shouted back, she was upstairs doing laundry the group didn't go through very much laundry Sam, Steve, and Lennox got dressed everyday while Natasha chose to wear Amara's sweatshirts to bed, she didn't want them to get washed because they smell like Amara still and it brings comfort to her.

"Steve, Tonys calling you..?" Natasha Romanoff stared down at her fellow Avengers phone.

"Oh, give me a sec." Steve grabbed the phone and headed outside to answer the phone. Lennox came down the stairs and started plating the food. Sam, Natasha, and Lennox started eating but Steve came in, wearing his suit. "Suit up, we have a problem. We need to go get Wanda and Vis." The group practically ran to the garage while Steve quickly cleaned up all the plates since he was already ready to leave.

" The group practically ran to the garage while Steve quickly cleaned up all the plates since he was already ready to leave