Chapter Twenty One

It could have been another girl's scent. Maybe someone smelt like me also. Once class was over i went to look for Fred but i couldnt find him. I figured he was at Quidditch practice so i made my way outside to see. Once i saw him on his broom in the air i went over to the stands to sit down and watch. He didnt notice me until they were packing up and someone accidentally let the golden snitch slip. It swiftly came flying towards me. I had no time to think about what to do so i just reached my hand out. I closed my eyes thinking it was going to hit my quare in the forehead. I was in panic mode and for some reason didnt move. Like i was unable to.

All i could think to do was reach out my hand and i did so with my eyes closed. I could hear it, it was so close. Once i reached out my hand i opened my eyes and i had realized i caught the snitch. I CAUGHT THE GOLDEN SNITCH! Not many people could do that. So far the seeker on the team was Harry Potter. I never tried to play Quidditch so i didnt know if i was any good. But guess i was good enough to catch the snitch without trying. Freds look went from worried to excited and happy once he saw what i did. He ran up to me on the stands, picked me up, and spun around all while hugging me.

"Fred? Calm down. Why so excited?" I said while laughing and putting me down.

"Elaina, you just caught the snitch! Not many people can do that. You need a broom! I HAVE to know if your good at flying. If your good at flying then you'd be good at being seeker and then maybe you could be on the team and-" He was going 100 miles an hour.

"Fred." I cut him off and grabbed his hands. "Breath" He quickly inhaled and exhaled and started talking again. I couldnt help but laugh at how excited he got over this.

"Well i can try to fly but ill probably just get hurt." I have seen people fall off their brooms and it isnt pretty and i dont want to be rushed to the hospital wing for like the fourth time this year. He held my hand and pulled me down to the field where he had left his broom before running over to me. "You want me to try now?? But i cant just start flying alone..."

"I'll just take George's broom and then we can both be in the air so if anything happens ill be there so you wont get hurt."

"Very.. reassuring." I commented while smiling and rolling my eyes. Once i mounted my broom I couldnt go into the air. My fear of heights. I didnt want to look like a kid tho. I stood there and Fred was already in the air. After keeping him waiting for a few second i kicked off the ground and was in the air. It wasnt hard but i couldnt look down. I kind of just hovered in the air without doing anything. I heard fred yell out for me so i starting flying instead of just hovering in the same spot. After getting used to being high up i started flying pretty fast and i was doing great until... i looked down.