Chapter Sixteen

As I was walking with Hermione having no clue where we were going or why i was even going, she spoke up. "So you and Fred? How was your day?" I didnt think anybody knew about me and Fred's day but i guess he told people.

"Oh, uh- how did you-"

"You didnt think he was the one that set it up, did you? It was me. Well, he helped but i set it up." She said while quietly laughing.

"Oh, yea haha, and uh- do you know where we are going?"

"Nope, no clue."

Once we got into the castle we had stopped in a great room. There were two other people, Cho Chang and Fleur's little sister. Professor McGonagall started talking about the second task. She was saying how it was underwater and there needed to be four people under for the four champions to rescue. We had to be out by tomorrow so we needed to meet back in this room in 24 hours. She let us go and i decide to go back to my dorm and read.

-

Once i was reading for some time, the dorm room door opened without anybody knocking.

"How did you-?"

"Luna let me in." It was Fred. "Whatcha reading?" He came over and sat down on the end of my bed and looked at the cover of my book.

"A muggle book. You wouldn't know it."

"Hmm ok. And what did you have to go do when you left?"

"Well... i have to be at the bottom of the lake for an hour and wait for YOU to "rescue" me." He looked at me with a worried expression and swallowed to where i could hear him. He seemed... nervous to say the least.

"You sure you have to do that? Cause dont if you dont have to do it."

"Yea, im pretty sure i dont have a choice.Ill be fineeee i just need to get some sleep and be ready for tomorrow." After talking for a little while longer he got up and left and i decided to skip dinner and read some more and then get a head start on sleep.

The next morning i got up early and got ready. I was aware i didnt need to dress nice for going to nearly drown for an hour, so i just threw on some normal clothes. It was going to be cold so i put on a hoodie and sweats. I just hoped nothing went wrong. As i made my way down to the room known as the room of requirements, I saw Hermione also and we walked together.

FREDS POV:

It was time for the second task and i hadnt seen Elaina all day. We were told that we had one hour to be under and come back with our person. First-person to come up gets first place, while the last person to come up is in fourth place. It was time to go under. I had gotten gillyweed from Neville making it to where i could breath underwater for the hour that we had. I dove in and looked for elaina. I was gonna get her out and nothing would get in the way. It coudnt be too hard. After thirty minutes of searching my eyes landed upon her. She was just floating there along with the other three. I swam over to her and saw the others going to bring there person up. I looked down and saw mermaids.

They werent pretty either. They were monstrous and hissed. I felt something dragging me down but once i realized what it was, i kicked the mermaids off of me. I just had to get elaina to the top and we would win. Everybody else was gone, it was just elaina and Fleurs sister. Fleur was nowhere near and time was running out. I grabbed her and used my wand and we ascended to the top where Hermione helped her get out of the water. Within seconds i descended back into the water as fast as i could to get Elaina. There was probably ten minutes left when i got back down to elaina. I went to grab her but the mermaids wouldnt let me.

I tried to break free of them but it was useless. Once i got free i was about to use my wand to quickly get back to the top, but the mermaids grabbed my wand and snapped it in half. They grabbed hold of Elaina and brought her deeper into the water. I tried to grab her but i couldnt . They moved too fast and Elaina was out of my sight. I could feel the gillyweed wearing off and it became harder and harder to breath. I pushed through and continued to search for elaina. I couldnt give up. I had to find her and bring her to the top.