43-

Hey, baby

Hey, baby. Sorry I missed your call.

I just listened to your message, congratulations on getting the job! I knew you could do it! I'll pick up some food on the way home so we could celebrate.

He laughs.

I'll meet you at the bus stop later, like always.

He laughs again.

God, I'm so proud of you! Love you, see you later!

I missed Sehun.

Not necessarily in the way one would miss an old lover. I meant that I missed the security he used to offer.

He is my oldest friend, maybe the one person who knew me better than anyone else. He'll always have a place in my heart, I will never deny that. If he could see the state I was in right now — lost, confused, scared as hell — I picture him saying all the right things.

It's a pathetic move to torture myself by replaying an old voicemail saved on my phone. I feel even more depressed as I recall the person he used to be, the people we used to be. Now, he was just a memory, and not an entirely pleasant one.

Hoseok's voice resonates throughout the house as he yells for me to come down for supper. I compose myself before facing the household. In the beginning of my wallowing, I used to slather concealer all over my face to disguise my disorientated state.

These days, I don't bother with that anymore.

I am what I am — fucked up. And it shows outwardly too.

"You okay?" the redhead asks. It's a question I hear multiple times a day. My eyes glance down to his bandaged hand, and guilt washes over me once more.

"Yes," I reply. It's my answer. All the time. I didn't care if they believed me or not. It wasn't them I was trying to convince. I say it out loud so that I am convinced.

"Yoongi made galbitang," Hoseok says as he takes the seat beside me. "You like galbitang, right?"

I offer him a small smile, fully aware that the five men around the dinner table were all staring at me. I felt like I was being watched under a microscope, like every move I made these past couple of days have been scrutinized. It was as if they were waiting for me to crack, waiting for me to lose it once more.

"By the way." Jungkook breaks the tension. "Jin called a while back, said they had some updates. They've met up with a couple people who's going to help them. The informant they met in Singapore has been..." he pauses, "very helpful."