8-

"I'm sorry for listening to one of your tracks without your permission, by the way

"I'm sorry for listening to one of your tracks without your permission, by the way."

I had only met Jungkook mere minutes ago, and honestly, I wasn't keen on the fact that he had listened to my music without asking. But I figured, I might as well get his input.

"I'll forgive you if you answer me honestly," I said to him. He raised an eyebrow up at me and tilted his head to the side. He nodded slowly as he pursed his lips together.

"How was it?" I asked eagerly. "Was it any good? Did you like the track?"

He shook his head and I frowned. Geez, way to break my heart. "Y-you... you didn't like it?" I stuttered, voice full of disbelief.

"No," he said seriously. "I loved it!" he laughed loudly, practically jumping towards me. I stumbled back, surprised by the amount of energy he had so early in the morning.

"Why would you even ask me that? Seriously, the beats and the adlibs!" he exclaimed. "My favourite's gotta be the bridge where you introduce a sort of new melody. How'd you even come up with that?"

I couldn't help but smile. "You know an awful lot for someone who isn't in the music business."

He shrugged. "I spend a lot of time with Yoongi. I'm the only other person who knows the password to the Genius Lab," he said, looking very proud of himself. "Well, except for you, of course."

At the mention of his name, Yoongi walked through the door right on cue. He was a holding a tray filled with coffee and a white paper bag on the other hand, probably containing food.

"So you two have met," he said as he handed Jungkook the bag. "Share with her," he told him, gesturing his head towards my direction.

"No thank you," I declined politely. "I don't usually have breakfast."

Jungkook clicked his tongue and shook his head in a disapproving manner as he rummaged through the bag. "It's the most important meal of the day."

"Getting extra sleep is more important," I answered him, earning a chuckle from Yoongi.

"Here," Yoongi says as he offers me an iced coffee. I thanked him in return and we both take a seat. We begin to break down the track that Jungkook and I are supposed to work on, all while my said partner stuffs his face with food.

Like I said, he was literally Jekyll and Hyde. One minute he was giving me butterflies — being all scary smooth, discretely putting his annoyingly perfect hands on me. And the next, he's a giant baby sat in one corner, eating without a care in the world.

We got to work as soon as Jungkook scarfed down his food. I told him not to expect much from my voice and he said the same. But after hearing him sing the first line of his verse, I realized he was only being modest. I missed my cue because my mouth was practically hanging open as he sung his part.