10-

I didn't tell Yoongi about my run-in with Jin and Taehyung

But that doesn't mean that what had happened had slipped out of my mind. I couldn't be present in the moment, I found it extremely hard to focus on the job at hand when my mind was somewhere else. Jin and Taehyung had the right to be worried. It didn't dawn on me 'till now, but these boys were more like me than I thought.

The world only knows of eleven individuals who have been injected with Septenarius. These boys were not one of those public superhumans. They were a secret. Just like me. Just like the other Keys.

There was a part of me that sympathized with them, but there was a bigger part of me that knew I couldn't get involved. At least not more than I already was. I was still very much upset with them for dragging me into their lives. Now, whether I liked it or not, we were somewhat connected.

The music I was listening to ceases, bringing me out of my thoughts. From beside me, Yoongi slams his hand against the desk, startling me. "What?" I turn to him, removing my headphones in the process.

"Quit tapping your pen against the desk," he said through gritted teeth. "It's very distracting and I'm trying to listen to a demo."

"Sorry," I apologized, only realizing that I had been doing something very distracting.

He removes his own headphones as his eyes studied my face. "What's going on with you?" he asked. I looked at him and pursed my lips, he sighed. "You think I wouldn't notice how disoriented you've been today?"

"I am not disoriented," I grumbled back. "Can't I just be tired?"

"Okay then." He nodded. "Tell me what you think about that demo."

"It was uh... it was good," I stuttered.

"Good?" he questioned. "That's all you have to say?" he scoffed. "You usually go on and on about the details, nitpicking every single verse, the beats, the lyrics. You don't have a single comment in you today?"

I groaned. "Fine. You win. I wasn't really listening, okay?"

He grinned. "Yeah, I knew. I just wanted to embarrass you."

I looked at him and frowned. His face softened before he clicked his tongue and tilted his head to the side, as if he was looking for the right words to say. "I won't even ask because I know you're not going to tell me, but I know you're not in the mood. You should head home early, get some rest."

Yoongi was smart... too smart. I knew he was trying not to make it obvious so that I wouldn't feel vulnerable or uncomfortable, but he was an empath. He would always know how I feel, even if I didn't tell him. That also meant that he was probably itching to know why I'm acting the way I am right now.

Empaths are emotional sponges, they absorb the energy around them and make it their own. But the last thing I want is to subject Yoongi to my feelings, to my life, and to the way I am.