It's A Wonderful Afterlife: Chapter 7- Tunnels

As the dawn broke I became wearier about the situation. Monty was hunting me and I was trapped in the Happy Hotel. Abandoned the Hotel had nothing to offer me as a haven.
Molly eagerly pulled me over towards the elevator that was embedded into the floor. "Molly, why are you taking me to the elevator? It's broken. It looks like it was dropped a few floors up?" As I deducted the ruins with my somewhat detective skills.

"Oh hush you! I told you I have a friend and the quickest way to get there is underground. We have to go through the Hotel basement. Now, I think there's a door somewhere?" Molly floated around the decrepit walls to a bust of Queen Lilith and then hurried to the other side to the bust of King Lucifer. She examined his highness's head and turned the hat so the snake was at the front. As Molly turned it there was this sound of cogs turning, the fireplace shifted with a loud shunt before the mantle sank into the wall before sliding away revealing a set of stone stairs.
" Wow...Lucifer may have been against his daughter's ambitions but he still made sure she had an escape route. He is a very subtle father at times from what I've heard from the Princess".

Venturing forward to the dark stairs seeing the cobwebs and hearing the hollowness of this escape route. The fireplace dust poured down through the cracks and the shift in the mechanism. "Down you do big bro!" Molly egged me on to go down the stone steps. "Easy Molly! We don't know what could be down there?" I protested.
Molly got in front of me folding her arms with a cocky expression. "Are ya scared Niss? Thought you were into that India Johns guys? Surely this is something he'd do".
I rolled my eyes at the misinterpreted movie reference "First off it's Indian Jones not whatever you just said sis. Secondly you are telling me to go into a dark dingy tunnel under an abandoned Hotel to not only escape but to see this "friend" of yours" I did the air quotes gesture mocking this situation. "Who is this friend?"

Molly was very dismissive about this so-called friend she was being secretive about. "Never you mind we need to get you outta here and as much as you want to see your 'Snek BF' I do not think hanging around here while his lap dog is hunting you."

Once again Molly had common sense, as much as I wanted to see Pen right now I was unprepared and not well equipped to face him let alone an Overlord. I said nothing in regards to Pen, just pressed my lips and nodded.
Walking down the steps my feet kicked the ashes of the fireplace as I took the first 3 steps to the glow of Molly's spiritual body. As I stepped down a few steps one shifted causing the fireplace to close behind me making the tunnel just that extra bit darker. So thankful for my sister being my nightlight right now.

I held the wall to guide me down the stairs following Molly. The darkness made the trip seem longer going down to the tunnel. Finally, the steps came to an end and then the stone floor evened out as I followed Molly. It was awkwardly silent and my thoughts ran rampant.
How did I get here? Did Pen have an invention in the lab that reacted when the canister exploded? Am I erased or not? How did Pen become Overlord? How did any of this come to be?

"You alright back there Niss? You've gone quiet. You ain't afraid of the dark haha" Molly asked with a joking tone.
"Ha! No...just trying to wrap my head around all this...time travel or hallucinogenic dream." I rubbed my forehead trying to prevent the inevitable migraine.
The further we went down the darker and more desolated it got. Like I said to Molly I am not one to be afraid of the dark but come on!
I recoiled being caught off guard by a damn demon rat, I got so annoyed by it and kicked the bastard making it squeal scurrying off back to where we came from.
"Nissy! What did you do that for?" Molly scowled at me as he paused for a moment. "What the bastard had it coming..." I pouted as I inhaled deeply.
"Niss? A-are you sure you are ok? I can't phase us through multiple walls, it'll be too much energy for me..." Molly tried to console me but I shrugged off her efforts. "J-just keep going I-I'll be fine."