It's A Wonderful Afterlife: Chapter 5- Report

Pentious

The halls of the castle softly howled with the wind but the eerie silence was cut by the sound of luxury high heel boots.
Angel was storming down the black marble floors ignoring all the guards as he was racing to the large doors.
"Move out of the way Monty as much as I would love to flirt and chat I gotta talk to his 'highness' Sir Pretentious!" Angel got right up into the Lieutenant's face and gave him a glare past his Fushia pink hair.
"Good evening to you Angel it's nice to see you too...are you here on business or pleasure? I doubt his lordship would take up any fee you throw at him." Monty spoke so sternly and had a great sense of authority about him. The eyepatched snake stood grounded at the door to the throne room of his employer.
"How are you my dear old Irish friend, you know he cannot afford me and besides I don't want my face ending up like yours. Eyepatches ain't my style babe." Angel smirked in a flirty tone but riddled in sarcasm.
Monty gave the spider a glare and snarl for the comment about his eye and his stance changed to a more protective one. "What do you need to talk to Penny about Angel?"

"Ow! First name basis are we! You got some recently from his majesty huh! Listen it's an emergency it involves..." him"." he went from cocky to concerned. "Ya gotta let me in Monty!"
Monty's face became more shocked when "him" was mentioned and without hesitation, he signalled the two other snake guards to open the door. The Irishman slithered in and Angel followed suit. As they entered the throne room there was a deep sense of sovereignty. Monty bows his head and salutes the figure on the throne resting his right arm on his left shoulder.
"My Lord, Overlord Angel Dust demands an audience with you. It is a dire emergency in regards to " he was cut off by a deep growl from the figure in the throne.
"You DARE waste my time with your petty district complaints Angel?" a voice hissed as two glowing red eyes appeared from the shadows.
Angel stepped forward not caring about the formalities of the castle. "Listen all-mighty prick! We have done a lot of shit to get where we are now and you are no better than me! My goons caught some fucker with no retina ID and he gave a "fake" name. The nerve of this fucker using Nis-!"
The figure rose from the throne emerging from the darkness to greet his uninvited guest.
The figure emerged to be a snake demon, wearing a red pinstripe suit and a top hat with a gold underbite on its mouth.
"DON'T YOU DARE SPEAK HIS NAME!" his voice merged with what sounded like multiple voices as the fury grew more fierce.
Angel was petrified of the snake demon Overlord but he kept his cool. "Look Pentious he looked like him and all! He looked like..." he paused and sighed. "He looked like Arackniss...I swear he did."

The room fell to silence and a soft hiss was heard from the Overlord snake. Monty stood between his Overlord and Angel to stop it escalating any further. The demon once known as Sir Pentious grew taller and his hood fanned open revealing his hypnotic eyes.
"WHO IS THIS IMPOSTER?!" Pentious bellowed in the large pillared room. "It's impossible for it to be N-...Him. We all know this?!" He darted down to Monty's face who didn't flinch at the sudden approach. "Hunt him down, Lieutenant. I want to see this imposter myself. How dare they sully his name and identity?!" Pentious was furious as he ordered the Python to hunt down this spider. "Gather some of the troops and find him! Bring him here to me!" The Overlord gave a manic grin which made Angel uneasy but Monty bearly batted an eye. The blue snake genuflected his Overlord before leaving the throne room.

"Fuck he's an obedient one? You must be a fireball in bed "your highness" Angel did an over dramatized bow to his old nemesis. Angel glanced at the black marble floor seeing a face smirk back at him. It was an all too familiar face and it came up from the reflection as if the floor was ink.
"Your exaggeration and sarcasm have been duly noted, Angel. I would advise you watch yourself...in my presence" the shadow gave an overbearing grin as it morphed to the shape of the serpent towering over Angel.

"How have you been doing 'Smiles' it's been a while babe?" He flirted with the shadow which was familiar with Angel. Knowing it was the last thing to connect him to Alastair it was nice to see the shadow again.

"Growing soft are we Angel?" Pentious started to slither around the nightclub owner. "We had an agreement and you stuck to it. My miscalculations of my 'friend' here were unexpected but it knows what you did." He smirked devilishly at Angel.

"Yeah...I know it does. I don't need reminding Pentious. If I had one it would know what you apprehended for me to take out my Overlord so don't guilt trip me about that bullshit" Angel folded his arms and stood his ground with Pentious. "I've got a show tonight with my girls if you're interested to come along. Not many have seen you in a couple of years yknow?" He reluctantly invited the superior Overlord.

"Who cares I have POWER and FEAR I don't need their appreciation. I am so feared that Lucifer himself removed his precious 'Apple' family from this ring to another." He sneered with pride and his eyes looked crazy. "You may go now, Angel. Thank you for your invite but I must decline..." he moved away to go back to his throne as he turned away Angel spoke.

"Pentious...the imposter...he...knew my name. My living name...if he is an imposter how would he have known that?" Angel said with concern.

Overlord Pentious didn't turn around but his head slight looked over his shoulder as he took in the information. "That is worrisome but it's also very unlikely an imposter would know that?"
The room grew silent and the burning of the green fires could only be heard.
"He...he kept asking about you too," Angel added, breaking the silence. The spider overlord started to walk away so the room was filled by the sound of his heels once again.
"Goodbye...your highness." The large black doors opened and closed with an ominous sound.

Overlord Pentious was once alone again. He rubbed his temple at the thought of Arackniss being alive again. Which was impossible as he knew all too well what he had to do to avenge his true love. The shadow floated in front of Pentious shapeshifting into a very old friend.

"What are you going to do my dear fellow? This imposter cannot be legit you know." The shadow took the form of its previous host as it was familiar to Sir Pentious.
"What do you want Alastor? I can't get a moment's peace with you in my head ALL THE TIME!" he hissed at his shadow.
Al was not Alastor anymore it was just the shadow taking form as it was more familiar to both the shadow and Pentious.
"Well, you did kill 'me' over two decades ago. Bravo on bringing up old betrayals to Angel by the way. Keep him in line!" The shadow Alastair applauded the Overlord.

"It was the only way to lure you out of that pathetic hotel!" He snapped back at the annoying shadow. "Behave yourself Al you are a part of me now and I am in charge here!"

"Yet you're the one talking to yourself" the shadow faded and Pentious came out of his hallucination. He slowly sat on the throne panting for the mental struggle.

"This imposter? It couldn't be...." He paused and under his breath said "...Nissy" it was the first time in over two decades he said his name. It made the Overlord tear up ever so slight but as he patted his cheek he grew furious that his emotions were coming to the surface and slammed his fist on the arm of his throne.

"I will have you soon imposter..." the Overlord muttered to himself.