It's A Wonderful Afterlife: Chapter 16- Wild Goose Chase

Arackniss

Making my way back with Molly there was this heaviness on my chest. Seeing Anthony in such a state was heartbreaking...was my death so hard on him? So much so he was willing to kill to get more power?

Anthony was never one for power or titles...it sounds more like Pen? Is Pen so mad with power, grief or worse insanity that he manipulated Angel to be his pawn?

"Niss? I am concerned about Angie?" Molly broke the silence as we headed back with Blitzø escorting us through this tomb of Pen's love for me.
"C'mon Molly. We don't know this Angel...Anthony. It's been 20 years for him and we both just appear out of the blue with no explanation? He's an Overlord now...if he needs a moment to compose himself then let him be. The old ways we use to comfort him...aren't gonna work." This made me feel concerned too but Molly and I were in the same boat. We didn't know this Angel at all.

Passing these horrific demonic statues and paintings of Pen. One was how he unleashed this dark mass outward, whether that symbolised power or his overlord status I wasn't sure?

The more we venture back to the entrance I was witnessing the insanity of Pen but reversed. The harsh maddening themes weren't as prominent as ones closer to where Alastor was kept. Then more depictions of myself started to show up again.
Did Pen just forget about me or was it so painful that he had to pretend I didn't exist?
"Molly, Blitzø?" The two stop when I called their name and stopped at the timeline mural Anthony wanted to show me before we discovered Alastor. "How bad is Pen? Molly, I know you sugar-coated it before because this building is proof that you did..."
Molly floated down feeling disappointed in herself, "Nissy you would not want to know..."

"He's a cuckoo with no clock, that's what," Blitzø said in such a mocking tone. "I've met him once...was trying to break into that eyesore of a 'castle' of his."

Puzzled I pressed more on this escapade, "Break in? What would an imp or the rebellion want in an overlord's castle?"
Blitzø went silent and gave me a tightened glare as I pointed out he was an imp. "A personal mission...that and the rebellion wanted to mess with Lieutenant Python a little!" He let out a playful laugh. "It stops Sir Pompous in his tracks from all the 'inventions' he's created; he's got a creepy soft spot for the blue guy. Besides, there was my mission and the rumour about Vox being kept in the tower."

Bewildered was putting it lightly how I felt, "Vox? But didn't Monty erase him? I would know I did all the goddamn work weakening the tv bastard for him."
"Niss it ain't a damn pickle jar..." Molly scolded.
I folded my arms still salty about that but in the end, I wouldn't want that title of being Overlord. What would I do with it? Then again...what did Monty do with it?

When I last saw him we had reconciled our friendship and agreed he can't just disappear out of Pen's life. First loves are important, I would know.
We both promised to protect Pen and any family at all costs, some more than others of course. Monty was a party animal in the early days of his Overlordship which is typical. It's like giving a teenager the responsibility to not set the house on fire while the parents are away. Wait? Did I just call myself and Pen, Monty's parents? I shuddered at that notion knowing we all slept together.

Honestly, I was jealous of the guy for so long, it tore me up inside and I am glad we cleared things up. Monty was good to help blow off some steam with sparring matches. It got good when he got the job at TimeSnake too.
To be honest, Monty was a very chill and laid back Overlord. I gave myself a light chuckle, the infamous Sir Bangsalot, became Overlord of the Pentagram Arena, at the end of it all I'm glad he rediscovered himself. Just not the how and events that unfolded to get there I was not too happy with.