Chapter 29: It's All in Your Head

Wednesday, December 5, 1984
7:28p.m.
Cabin, Bluebell Forest

Third Person's POV
     "Zero!" Norman yelled, shaking Zero's shoulder to try to wake her up.

     "Zero, wake up!"

Alio, Anne, Norman, Naomi, and Rei were all speaking over each other as they surrounded an unconscious Zero.

     "Wake up!"

     "Zero!"

     "Wake up, Zero!!"

Then, Zero slowly began to open her eyes. She felt as if she was going to be sick. Her head was pounding and her body ached. She quickly leaned over the grass while she stood on the porch, and began coughing up black goo. Norman, Anne, and Alio had disgusted looks on their faces. Zero wiped her mouth, then put her hand on her head.

"What's wrong?" Anne asked, sounding very concerned.

Zero slowly shook her head. "Liam..." She hit her hand on her head, feeling like it would help, but it didn't. She took a deep breath in, and sighed, feeling ill. "I want him to leave..."

Anne bit her gums, feeling bad for Zero. "Is there any way we can help?"

She was about to shake her head in response to Anne's question, but took a moment to realize something. "Yes." She looked at all of them.

Just moments later, they were all in a circle in the living room. The bodies of the two agents Zero had killed were gone, as well as the blood from their bodies. Rei was the only one sitting on the couch, while everyone else was on the floor.

Alio looked at Zero, Norman, Anne, and Naomi. "I feel like I'm part of a ritual. Do we have to hold hands or anything?"

Zero shook her head in response, waiting for everyone to ask all the questions they wanted answers to.

"Hey, Zero, one question..." said Norman. "...You never told us what your superpowers are... But earlier I realized you only use certain abilities after we name them. I had a theory at the time, but then I mentioned trajectory item manipulation, which proved my theory was correct. So, are you able to acquire almost any power, as long as someone says what it is?" He asked her, feeling curious and invested in what her answer will be.

Naomi just furrowed her brows, looking very confused. Alio just immediately looked at them, and Anne and Rei appeared just as confused as Naomi and Alio did.

    "Hold up-" Naomi said. "That's actually so cool-"

"Talk about overpowered," Alio commented.

"It's just that since Zero said she could use super-hearing after Alio was curious to know if she could — she turned invisible after he mentioned invisibility, too. She used phasing after Naomi said not to, and she has some sort of power to teleport other people after we mentioned teleportation so much," Norman explained to his friends.

Zero just sat there awkwardly. "Yes... It only lasts for a few minutes..."

Alio just looked at the others, and a smile grew on his face. He looked back at Zero and- "Mind reading! Shape shifting! Flying!"