Chapter 7: The Night of the 25th

Sunday, November 25, 1984
11:30a.m.
Klaus' House / The Blythe Household

Third Person's POV
Norman helped Rei walk up the stairs so she wouldn't trip. When they stepped onto the porch, they approached the front door and Norman rang the doorbell.

After just a few seconds, they heard the door unlock and Joanne (Klaus' mother) opened the door.

Joanne looked fairly similar to Klaus, but her skin was a solid color ( Her brown wavy hair reached a few inches past her shoulders. She had dark blue eyes and looked a bit younger than she actually was (she is 43, but looks like she's in her mid-thirties).

She looked at the kids with a smile. "Hey, kids. Klaus is asleep right now, but I was just about to get him up... You can come in, if you'd like."

Norman replies, saying, "Thanks."

He and Rei walked in as Joanne opened the door for them. When they stepped into the living room, Joanne closed the front door and quickly walked over to Klaus' room.

     "Klaus," she knocked before she opened the door, "it's time to get up."

Klaus stretched in his bed, beginning to wake up. He turned over, his back now facing his mother.

"Sweetie, your friends are here and it's 11:30. Wake up."

Klaus groaned, covering his head with his blanket. "Five more mi-" He paused for a second, then uncovered his face. "Who?"

Joanne placed her hand on the doorframe. "Norman and Rei."

After a few seconds, he sat up, rubbing his eyes.

A few minutes later, Klaus walked into the kitchen, wearing a white t-shirt, jeans, and grey Down Vest. His hair was messy, too.

Rei sitting at the table as Joanne was making them scrambled eggs. She was used to Klaus waking up at around 10:30 on weekends, but she usually prepares breakfast for him whenever he wakes up. Norman had found one of Klaus' comics and was reading one of them as he sat next to Rei.

     "Hey, guys," Klaus greeted, sitting down next to Norman.

Norman smiled and looked at him. "Hello!"

     "Norman was the only person that responded when I asked if someone could bring me here. I'm bored," said Rei.

Klaus nodded his head, understanding.

Joanne, still cooking the eggs on a pan, asks, "So, Klaus, what time did you go to bed last night? I saw that your lamp was on at around 1:00 in the morning, I could see the light under your door."

"I couldn't sleep. I kept feeling like someone was watching me. I even took melatonin, but it didn't work. I didn't fall asleep until at least five."

"Oh... Are you feeling okay?" Joanne took the pan off the stove and grabbed a stack of three plates and set one in front of each of the kids.

Klaus shrugged. "Meh, I just feel weird. I'm tired."

After Joanne put some scrambled eggs on the plates, she sets the pan back on the stove and turns off the stove. She walks back over to Klaus and puts a her right hand on Klaus' forehead, checking to see if it was too warm. Norman looked at them with a concerned expression on his face.