"If you don't want to work as my PA then you are free to go from this building, permanently."

"Sorry?"

"I don't like to repeat."

"You just didn't threaten me?"

"I gave you options, you should consider yourself lucky, not everyone gets options to choose from me."

"Oh thank you so much sir for threatening me with my job, I will be grateful to you for the rest of my life.
But the thing is that there is something called HR, on what ground will you fire me?"

"For insulting a PA's work. Disrespecting other professions."
He stood up from his chair.

"I didn't do that."

"You called PA a dog."

"Stop twisting my words, I didn't say that."
He picked up the glass of water, which was beside my left hand, and his fingers brushed my hand.
He slowly took the glass to his lips and drank while looking me into my eyes.

Lucky you, Glass.

Fuck, No.
Stop starting, Aarna.

A small drop of water was glistening on his bottom lip, in my mind, I was licking that drop.

"Who do you think they will believe? My words against yours."
He replied as he drop the glass back into its place.

"You are an ass--"

"Careful Ms. Patel, you are not helping yourself by calling me that. And what's wrong with the job of a PA?"

"It's not the work, It's you. I don't want to work for you."
That leathery smell was clouding my mind as he stood very close to me.

You work for him, woman.

"Why? Are you afraid of me?" He bent down and spoke near my ears.

"No..." I replied instantly.
To him and to my rapidly beating heart.

"Why would I get afraid of you? Who are you?" I said while observing every damn inch of his empty chair.

"Are you intimidated by me?" He asked, in his oh-so-sexual voice.

I cleared my throat and replied.
"No... No one can intimidate Aarna Patel."

Until you.

"Your eyes on an empty chair and not on me say a different story."

I thought for a moment for a proper reply, but no, nothing reasonable came into my mind.

Did this ever happen to you?
Like whenever you are alone you have a thousand things to say and your mind works faster than a bullet train but when you actually need to reply your mind shuts off.

"Are you attracted to me, Ms. Patel?"
He questioned one hand on the backrest of my chair and the other on the table.

I internally banged my head for my mind to open up.

"You don't have anything that I will get attracted to." I finally replied,
If I was alone I would have done a victory dance at my comeback.
I looked into his eyes to see a stunned expression but instead, I found a knowing look.

As If he knew what I said was the biggest lie on earth.

"Liar, I think you are attracted to me, that is why you don't want to work closer to me."

And this is what we call being more open than a clothless mannequin.

"I am not."

"Then prove it. Be my PA for a few days."