Zombies (Fifteen)

Bianca Pov

So we went to school the next morning, (I mean obviously, we were of that age), the whole thing kind of had the household a bit shook, as nobody was expecting that to happen to Georgie, (Dad still wanted to beat up Georgie's ex but Georgie wouldn't let him), (looking back on it, I don't blame Georgie for not wanting an ex beaten up).

Anyway we got to the school gates and waited for Chloe and Becky, as they were running late, (Chloe it was typical, Becky it was not), though we didn't have to wait long for Becky as she was at school like 2 minutes later, still it was a close call for her, though I used to be that lax about turning up to school, then I moved in with Ro's lot, (and Ro wanted to avoid getting the after school detention in her time at school).

"Guys, what's up?"
"Bex you were almost late, late"
"Shit Bee, I didn't even realise the time"
"(Snorts), It's bad when Bee is the one to tell you that you were almost late"
"Oh fuck off Ro"
"Nah thanks Bex"

Chloe then came looking like she had fought a zombie and lost, (and honestly it was worse than normal), so naturally we were a bit worried about her here, (I know that I'm underplaying it a bit but it wasn't all that unusual either), so we outright asked her about it as tiptoeing does not work with her at all Babes, (though she's been around Ro the longest of us so that's probably why).

"What happened to you then Clo?"
"What are you on about Bee?"
"You look like you lost a fight against a zombie or something"
"Gee thanks Bee, you know just how to make a girl feel special"
"No need to be so bloody sarcastic Clo"

Chloe stuck her tongue at me, as she was actually in a banter kind of mood considering what I actually told her here, ya know my dudes, (or maybe you don't know, I'm not assuming what you do and don't know here), though I was in no position to actually question her on it, (and neither were the rest of us).

"I haven't slept in like 3 days as I have been trying to complete building my own game console"
"That explains the whole zombie look then Clo"
"Oh piss off Ro"
"Holy shit Chloe, that's insane!"
"Of course you'd think that Becca, you can't function without like 9 hours sleep a night"
"Oh fuck off Ro, not everyone is an insomniac like you are"
"I know that Bex"

This used to be like an eye roll moment before everything happened, but since my sleep yeeted itself out the window, it actually made me feel better about not sleeping, (which could make me come across as a bitch, but I don't actually care), me feeling better about not sleeping didn't help Clo though.

"How are ya gonna take notes on no sleep Clo?"
"Why are you so worried for me?, you do it all the time Ro"
"Yeah, that's why I'm worried, you're shit at taking notes normally, it's way harder to take notes on no sleep"
"I mean yeah, but it's not so bad-"
"Don't even start, does your Mum know?"
"Why, you're gonna tell Auntie Jade on me Ro?"
"(Snorts), No, I'm not a tattletale, I just need to know in case I need to cover your arse here Chloe"
"The full name came out, Jesus it's serious, but I guess that's a fair reason, and no, Mum doesn't know, though she is close to copping it as I was up early today"
"(Snorts), I love how you almost got caught because you were out of bed early"
"Oh fuck off Ro"

It felt natural to us to be this bantery with each other here, (though is bantery a word or did I just make that up here Babes), I know that it's not everyone's cup of tea here but it works for us, and it also helped us cope with how shitty life can get for us here.

"The bell's gonna go any minute now, who do you have a lesson with Clo?"
"Why does that matter here Ro?"
"Because it depends on who it is as to how much notice you need to take"
"I have Mrs Day"
"You did this on a Mrs Day first lesson day, are you a glutton for punishment?"
"No, I was just so engrossed in my console that it was morning before I knew it"
"Ok, you need all of the energy that you can muster to even survive this fucking insanity that you created"
"Alright so, I'll let ya all know how I get on"
"Also good luck with your Mother Clo, she'll probably figure it out"
"I know"