Chapter 45 - The Day I Died

Magsimula sa umpisa

"That-that's ..." Shigaraki trailed off, feeling his neck in apparent shock with the back of his hand. I began to notice how strange Shigarki's movements were. He never seemed to touch things with his fingertips, or if he did he only used two or three fingers. It sort of reminded me of how L from Deathnote held things but I wasn't exactly about to bring that up now.

"It's no problem ... are you hurt anywhere else?" I ask somewhat loudly having heard a slight crash from Bakugou's room and hoping my voice would be enough distraction. Though it appeared unnecessary as Shiharaki remained rooted in place staring at my hands in wonder.

"It's strange you know. We're like complete opposites of each other." He whispered looking up at me and meeting my gaze for the first time since I healed his neck. His eyes looked so much more innocent, like a lost child in a way.

"How is that?" I asked, again hoping that Bakugou had escaped and no one had heard that noise.

"You heal everything you touch and I destroy it." He said softly before taking a step forward and stroking my neck the way he had just done with his own. I was momentarily frozen by this. What is he doing? Surely this isn't normal behaviour? I suppose he might just be touch starved, being the leader of a deadly villain gang and all. But there was something strangely tender in the movement that I hadn't been expecting. His cold hands froze against my skin for a moment before his withdrew them looking deep in thought.

"What is your name?" He asked slowly still looking at me with a strange sort of affection.

"Kimiko ... but Toga and Twice have taken to calling me Miko" I said trying to find my voice that appears to have gotten lost since Shigaraki grazed my neck.

"I'm Tomura. Tomura Shigaraki." He introduced knowing Kurogiri had already told me about him.

"Nice to meet you..."

"Again." He said with a small, almost unnoticeable smile.

"Again?" I asked

"We met before. At the mall. We bumped into each other when you were going to a restaurant." He said in the same nasaly tone though his smile seemed to grow somewhat at the memory. So that's why he looked so familiar. He was the creepy guy I bumped into on Tamaki's birthday. The encounter replayed in my mind, his bright red eyes, the tuff of blue waves under his black hoodie, the strange voice. If only I'd known back then I was speaking to the leader of the League of Villians.

"I remember now..." I trailed off not sure how to respond to that.

"Join the League. I want ... we could use someone like you on our side." He said quickly, his gaze never wavering.

Before I could even respond the other members of the League arrived and sat around us as though we were old friends. Well it doesn't look like I'm getting out of here soon but at least Bakugou's absence won't be noticed. The sight of Touya in my peripheral vision making me slightly relax regardless of my current circumstance. At least he was here.

"Well is Miko joining yet?!" Cried Toga who began bouncing on the spot happily.

"Well Kimiko? Will you join us?" Shigaraki asked again smiling slightly.

Just as I was about to respond there was an almighty crash and Bakugou was lead out attached to the same board he was in when I first found him, his muzzle hanging around his neck as he cursed heavily and thrashed against his restraints.

"I found this young man trying to leave. His restraints were undone and I'm afraid he's broken one of the back windows." Said a tall masked man in a top hat. Damn! What are we going to do now?! Bakugou stilled just long enough to give me a worried look.

"You undid his restraints didn't you?" Shigaraki asked me in a low dangerous voice. Touya stood up and began to walk over.

"She didn't do anything. There was someone with him at all times. He must have blasted his way out." Touya said trying to keep his voice steady but I could clearly hear how on edge he was. This is it. They are seriously going to kill me. What are they going to do to Bakugou once they're finished with me?

"So you watched her change her clothes too? Huh? That's what I thought." Shigaraki growled at Touya before turning to face me, anger seeming to flow from his very being.

"Hey! Krusty ass! She didn't do shit! It was all me!" Bakugou screamed frantically as Shigaraki moved closer to me.

"I'm disappointed in you Kimiko. I really thought you wanted to be one of us." Shigaraki said almost sadly. And with that he placed all five of his fingers on my face.

Author's note

Dun dun duhhhhhh!
Hello lovely readers, sorry for the cliff hanger but I couldn't resist! I haven't got up to date on the manga just yet but when I first wrote the draft of this story I had only read/watched up to Chisaki's introduction. It means that there are going to be some points that'll diverge from the manga/anime e.g. Hawkes backstory but I hope that's okay!

Thanks again for all the lovely comments/votes and I'll update the story next week!

Lara xx