Chapter 29 - Hey Babydoll

Kimi's POV

I am so going to kill Shoto when he wakes up.

After rushing back to the first year stadium I found the inner arena in tatters. Smoke and dust filled the air, making my eyes water and my throat burn. In the hazy distance I could make out the figure of Recovery Girl ordering the other medics into one area of the arena which seemed to have sustained the most damage. Shoto was lying amongst the shattered remains of the stadium walls, his chest weakly rising and falling, clearly littered in cuts and bruises where his gym clothes had been ripped away.

In a blur we had Shoto and Bakugou on stretchers and brought to the medic station to be examined, both of them lying unconscious and caked in dust. In the chaotic crowd I managed to catch Keigo's eye, his expression radiating concern before he nodded at me reassuringly.

Bakugou didn't need much treatment, he just had to sleep off the effects of Midnight's quirk, but Shoto was in a pretty awful state, his earlier fight with Midoriya not helping any. I ran my hands over his bruised and battered body, a soft purple glow being emitted from my finger tips.
"Seriously Sho, I told you not to push yourself too hard." I mutter watching his cuts heal and hearing his heartbeat grow stronger.

"If getting hurt gets me a rub down from you, I might have to get hurt too." A cocky voice spoke behind me causing me to roll my eyes and let out a light chuckle, my hands continuing to heal Shoto.

"Shouldn't you be out looking for an intern Birdy?" I smiled feeling him sit down on the seat to my left.

"Think I've already found one. Check it out - he has the head of a bird!" Keigo spoke enthusiastically, adding jazz hands when he said the word bird. I stared at him blankly and raised an eyebrow, my hands halting momentarily.

"Imagine it! With my wings and his face, we're like a complete bird!" He explains back with the same level of enthusiasm. I can't help but shake my head and smile back.

"I mean, probably not the trait that most people prioritize when picking an intern but I'm glad you're happy!" I chuckle planting a peck on his cheek and watching him blush.

"Whose the kid?" He asks nodding to the still sleeping Shoto.

"Shoto Todoroki," I smile, brushing Shoto's hair to the side before leaving him to rest now that the majority of his wounds are healed.

"I got that Babybird, I meant who is he to you? It's clear you care about him." Keigo smiled, looping his arm through mine as we walked to the couch that sat on the far corner of the room.

"Yeah, he's my ex's little brother. I know that might sound a bit weird but he's always been like my own brother. He actually knows about us and he's totally cool with it!" I chuckle watching his eyes widen slightly when he hears the word 'ex'.

"That's good, at least I've got his approval! Wait ... you said his name was Todoroki right? Like Endeavour?" He asked wide eyed. I fumbled with the sleeve of my cardigan and tried to think of something to say that didn't sound bitter.

"Yeah. Endeavour's his dad. Umm, I should probably get back to work you know?" I say with a awkward shuffle, trying to avoid any conversation involving Endeavour or Touya.

"Hey, I-I'm sorry if I said something I shouldn't have. You don't have to talk about it if you don't want to!" Keigo stuttered one of his arms coming up to wrap around my waist. I shook my head with a slight laugh and lifted my pinky finger to boop his nose.

"Don't you worry Birdy! Everything's fine. I'll see you after the closing ceremony yeah?" I smile watching his blushing flustered face. Why is he so cute?!