Chapter 62 - An unconditional kind of love

Hawks POV

Blanket, check. Sparking faux wine, check. Fruit basket, check. Book, check. Okay I think that's everything. I had been planning this date for the past few weeks and now that I finally had a break from hero work it was the perfect time. A picnic in the mountains, something super romantic. I'd been reading over Kimi's favourite romance novels for some inspiration and this seems like something she'd love ... I hope.

"You ready lovely lady?" I called out from the living room, picnic basket in hand.

"I'm coming!" She called out before walking out from our bedroom, adorned in a yellow sundress and hat.

"Mmm I recall you saying that last nig-" I started before she cut me off with a swift punch to the arm, causing me to smirk back at her flustered state.

"Okay, okay I'll stop. You ready to go?" I asked playing with her floppy hat. God, why is she always so cute?

"Yep, Peanut's at my mom's and the bonsai is watered" she smiled nodding to the somewhat dying looking tree which sat pitifully beside the cactus Shoto had given us, the only plant that seemed to survive in our house.

"Baby I really hope your students look better than that tree after you care for them." I laughed watching her look slightly offended.

"Excuse you I think she looks great ... she just needs a bit more time." She mumbled back flinching slightly as another leaf fell off the tree curling up on the table beneath it.

"She?" I asked amused.

"Yes, she. I decided to call her Bonnie."

"Bonnie. Bonnie the bonsai?" I raised my eyebrow as she puffed her cheeks out in response.

"Yes and she will be thriving in no time now, where are we going?" She asked grabbing my hand and eyeing up the picnic bag. I had yet to tell her what I had planned having wanted to keep it a surprise.

"You'll see when we get there but if you could hold onto this whilst I fly us there that'd be great." I said holding out the picnic to her before picking her up and marching out the door before we were airborne.

Kimi's POV

Keigo had told me he was taking me somewhere special yet he failed to mention it was up a mountain! I stared down at my white slip on flats in dismay, these were not made for a mountainous terrain.

"Umm Birdy? I don't mean to rain on your parade but I don't think I'm dressed for hiking." I said somewhat anxiously knowing the thought he put into this date.

"Don't worry Babybird we aren't hiking, besides if we needed to get somewhere you've got your own personal pilot!" He cheered back happily laying out a picnic blanket and setting out an array of food on it.

"I thought we could eat first, then lay back and watch the clouds for a bit." He said with a small lopsided smiled. God, he is too cute for his own good sometimes.

"That sounds amazing!" I grinned sitting down on the blanket beside him, his wings coming to wrap around my shoulders.

"I know you don't drink so this is non-alcoholic. It's sweet and bubbly like you!" He grinned sticking out his tongue whilst pouring me a glass of the faux wine.

"Aww thank you! Plus this means you can fly back safely, you know what they say 'never drink and fly'" I said in a dramatic manner tipping my glass against his before sipping at the sweet liquid.

"I've been thinking about taking Shoto on as an intern next year. Obviously we have to wait until he passes his licensing exam but it'll be good experience for him and if Toko agrees then he'll have a friend." Keigo mused munching on a strawberry.