Chapter 47 - The Shigaraki Support Group

Recap on where we last left Kimi

"I'm disappointed in you Kimiko. I really thought you wanted to be one of us." Shigaraki said almost sadly. And with that he placed all five of his fingers on my face.

***

Kimi's POV

I didn't know what I was expecting. Nothing good I suppose given how Touya was about to leap out in front of me and Bakugou was thrashing around in his chair, fat angry tears spilling from his eyes. Midoriya had told me that Shigaraki had a decay quirk so I was ultimately hoping for a quick painless  death.

They say life flashes before your eyes in the final moments of your life.  But mine didn't, or at least not my life anyway. I pictured Keigo. A lost little boy who dreamed of having a loving family. A boy who was robbed of that life and taught how to kill. A boy who, despite all the hatred and violence, never let it poison his mind or morals. The boy who grew into the wonderful, funny, flirty, man I love. I pictured the life we would no longer be allowed to have together. The peaceful house he showed me that would never be our home now. The wedding we could have had with Peanut as the ring bearer. The little winged kids we could have had together. That bright future would be lost with just the brush of Shigaraki's fingertips.

I sucked in a shaky breath as his icy fingers lay flat against my face, his hand cupping my cheek in an almost affectionate way. And yet I felt nothing. I know I hoped for a painless death but surely I should feel something? Not even a tingle. His fingertips grew slightly warmer against my skin from the contact and I opened my eyes to gaze up at his awed expression.

The room was silent. Shigaraki's mouth hung open in apparent shock at his five digits placed firmly against my skin, ruby orbs wide and unblinking. Touya was still, Twice who had originally held him back dropping his arms also in awe at the situation.

"G-get out. Get out, all of you!" Shigaraki screeched and I watched as Touya shook his head and went to march towards the blue haired leader who still looked a little lost at what had just occurred.

"No way in hell are you-" Touya began before he was cut off by the top hat wearing stranger compressing him into a small marble like prison. It had happened in an instant and I had to stop my mouth from hanging open at the sudden compression.

"I'll let him cool off a bit, shall I?" He rhetorically asked before walking out with the other members of the league who dragged an equally confused Bakugou out and leaving me once again alone with Shigaraki in the bar.

"How is this possible?" He muttered as his cold fingers began to stroke my cheek.
"Are you going to kill me now?" I asked before I could stop myself. Damn it idiot don't give him more of a reason to!

"I'm sorry Kimiko. I-I didn't want to do that but ... I was angry. How are you not decaying?" He looked so much younger now, wide crimson eyes peering at me with childlike wonder, his fingers continuing to brush against my face as though he was trying to convince himself he wasn't dreaming.

"I don't know. It must be my quirk." I said not telling the whole truth. Of course it was my quirk, though not necessarily my healing quirk. I couldn't be sure but the most likely case would be my force field quirk had activated automatically as a shield around my body. Though how long I can keep this up without me even noticing is a little worrying.

"I haven't been able to touch someone like this since ... I can't even remember when." He mumbled softly. It was strange, I almost felt sorry for him but then again he had just tried to kill me because he 'was angry'. I can't let my guard down around this guy, or any of them for that matter apart from maybe Touya.

"Can ... can I hold your hand ... please?" He asked hesitantly.

Without a word, because I was still finding it difficult to speak at this point, I reached out and laced my fingers through his. It was strange. Being this close with someone who moments ago had tried to kill me. It was stranger still how calm I was. I was willing to accept my own mortality a few minutes ago and yet here I am, a little shaken, but void of any major discomfort. So long as Touya doesn't do anything stupid and no one hurts Bakugou, we can wait this out. Keigo and Aizawa won't let this go. We'll get out of here, we just have to be careful about it.

"What happens now Shigaraki?" I asked quietly, making sure to say his name to build a rapport and help develop an emotional attachment that would make it harder for him to hurt or kill me, something which luckily Keigo had told me about.

"I don't know ... but I want you to stay." He said softly, squeezing my hand in what I'm sure was his own way of expressing his regret at his earlier actions. If I gain their trust then I can get both Bakugou and I out of here. I'm sure the heroes are looking for us but I can't just leave the safety of myself and that poor kid up to them alone. If we are going to make it out of here I'm not going to just sit tight and wait to be rescued. Even if that is the case I can gather important intelligence whilst I'm here. I'm not going to be a sitting duck in all this.

"I'm not making any promises right now but if I were to join you ... would Bakugou be safe?" I asked hesitantly.

"Yes! We want to recruit him, we won't hurt him Kimiko." Shigaraki replied almost too quickly, looking up at me with wide childlike eyes.

"Can I have some time to think about it please?" I ask knowing I need to gain as much time as possible to sort out an escape plan.

"Of course! And ... thank you."

"What for?" I question not really knowing what I was supposed to have done, this isn't exactly a normal situation to be in.

"For ... not disappearing like everyone else I suppose. You can sleep in the same room as before. Kurogiri will have a bed brought in for you." He said giving my hand another squeeze before getting up and leaving me alone in the bar.

So it looks like I'm stuck with the League of Villains for the foreseeable future.

Author note

Hi lovely readers! Sorry for the short chapter, work has been crazy at the minute and I haven't had much time to write but the weekend is coming and I've got the next few chapters planned out! Thanks again for all the lovely comments and support it genuinely means a lot!

Love Lara xx