Chapter 35 - Angry Flame Brain

Kimi's POV

After waking up and cleaning the apartment over and over again I finally received a text from Fuyumi telling me Shoto was back and could have visitors. Honestly I felt like my mind was on overdrive. He is safe. He is home. I have nothing to worry about and yet I still cannot stop myself from rushing around trying to keep myself busy. Though on a positive note my apartment is cleaner than it has ever been.

"Hey, Babybird you need to breathe okay? Your apartment can't get any cleaner and you've baked so many cookies I don't think this kid will be able to fit through the door once he's better." Keigo reasoned taking my hands and rubbing soothing circles with his thumb.

"I know it's just ... whenever he was hurt in the festival he was so ... so small." I croaked out before he engulfs me in a warm hug, mumbling reassuring words that are muffled slightly by my shoulder.

"He's going to be fine. He's a strong kid. You want me to fly you down there now?" He asked cupping my face as I nodded my head and grabbed the tupperware box filled with the cookies I had baked for Shoto. Shoto always used to bake cookies with Touya and I when he was younger, especially when he was sick, they somehow always made him feel better, often to the degree that Natsuo would accuse him of faking illness just to get the sugary treats.

Within minutes I was outside the Todoroki household still clinging to Keigo, the box of chocolate chip cookies still clutched tightly in my right hand.

"You sure you don't want me to stick around? I can skip work today if you need me to Babybird." Keigo smiled as I got off his back and shook my head.

"Don't worry, I'll be fine. You go save the world hero!" I grin back booping his nose lightly and watching it wrinkle up in delight.

"Okay, I'll drop by yours at 6PM yeah? But if you need me just call okay?" He asked in a somewhat serious tone, his bottom lip pouting slightly and his head tilting to the side. God, why is he so cute when he's concerned?

"Yes sir!" I smiled giving him a light peck before moving back and holding on tighter to the cookie box.

"Save that talk for tonight Songbird!" He winked back with that cocky laugh of his.

"Yeah, yeah Birdbrain, you should be so lucky!"

"Love you!" He chuckled as his wings expanded and he slowly rose into the air still waving happily like a child.

"Love you too!" I smiled watching him become a red blur in the distance as I turned to face the Todoroki house once more and slowly made my way to the front door.

It's not as though I hadn't been here in years, Fuyumi would always invite me over whenever Endeavour left for business. But it had been sometime since I had set foot in this house when the angry red head was here. He wouldn't hurt me, my mother would end him if he did, but he can't help himself from saying something rude and offensive. Honestly I think he still blames me for everything that happened with Touya, if only he knew what really happened.

I took a deep breath before ringing the bell and praying that Fuyumi would answer. But as life seems to hate me, I was greeted by none other than the very angry hero I was dreading. He glared down at me, his eyes flaming with undiluted rage.

"Why are you here?" He growled at me, his eyes shooting venom and fire. An anxious Fuyumi appearing behind him. Wow what a welcome.

"Shut up Flame Brain I don't have time to deal with you right now" I spat back watching Fuyumi's eyes widen before she starts stuttering and trying to calm the situation. But I didn't listen to any of it as I pushed on straight for Shoto's room and entered without knocking only to find him sitting on his bed reading like nothing had happened.