Chapter 22 - A Blue Haired Stranger

Kimi's POV

I hate shopping. I seriously don't understand how anyone thinks this can be considered therapeutic! I gazed around the busy mall that buzzed with teenagers and older people alike. I was never more thankful for online shopping. I had managed to buy Tamaki his birthday present from the comfort of my home and have it delivered to me the next day without having to enter the busy sea of shoppers I saw before me. I was only in the mall because the restaurant was situated just outside it, but moving through the flurry of people gave me a small degree of anxiety and I wondered how on earth Tamaki would cope in this situation.

As I slowly made my way towards the sushi place Tamaki had told me to meet him the bustling people around me pushed past and resulted in me bumping into a stranger. It wasn't hard but whoever it was sounded as though they had the breath knocked out of them.

"Oh I'm so sorry!" I splitter out to the hoodie wearing stranger. They were tall and slender wearing an oversized black hoodie and bright red chunky converse. The shoes reminded me of clown shoes in a way and I shifted a little uncomfortably at the thought. Their hood remained up however small tufts of pale blue hair could be seen sticking out from beneath it.

"It's fine." They replied quickly in a nasally tone clearly wanting the conversation to be over as quickly as possible. From his voice I could tell he was male but the strange texture of his voice left me unable to place his age. He glanced up from underneath the cover of his hood and I was met with blood red eyes peering back at me. I normally wouldn't have even glanced at him but his crimson eyes were so unique they made me stop. His eyes were framed by deep cut wrinkles that stood out against his sickly pale skin. He looked like a phantom.

"Well ... umm have a nice day and sorry again!" I exclaim nervously. I don't like to judge people by the way they look but something about this guy was putting me on edge and it wasn't just his clown shoes. I spun around and power walked to the sushi bar not glancing behind me and hoping to get this stranger out of my mind.

As I approached the sushi bar I noticed Tamaki, Nejire and Togata standing outside waiting on me. Nejire wore a pale blue dress that matched her spiral hair and she spoke animatedly moving her hands in wild eccentric gestures that made me chuckle under my breath. Togata was laughing whilst ruffling Tamaki's hair, the poor boy looked about to faint with the attention he was receiving.

"Hey guys, sorry I kept you waiting! How's the birthday boy?!" I smile widely before Nejire engulfs me in a tight hug to which I pet her head affectionately.

"N-no it's no problem Kimi. We were actually early!" Tamaki spoke looking red and flustered.

"How about we get a roll on ... a sushi roll that is!" Togata exclaimed with a loud laugh to which I shook my head but couldn't help but smile. The kid is pure sunshine. Tamaki was gazing at me every few seconds, his hands shaking lightly but I just smiled and looped my arm through his and Nejire's whilst Togata held the door open for us to enter.

"Why thank you dear sir!" I exclaimed to which Togata replied back with equal vigor "no problem good lady!".
The sushi bar was small but busy with a traditional sushi conveyor belt running the stretch of the restaurant. I immediately knew why Tamaki chose this location. He could pick what he wanted to eat without having to speak to a waiter, which in all honesty was a pretty smart avoidance strategy. Not that I am complaining, the spicy tuna rolls that were slowly making their way to our table looked amazing!

***Time skip***

"So it's not too late to give you your present right?" I asked, looking up at Tamaki who was just finished a strawberry mochi ball. His eyes widened and he choked slightly releasing a series of quiet coughs.