THIRTY EIGHT

Alpha Isaiah is now on Wattpad! Go check it out (:

Word Count: 1698

¬Akara

I only allow myself a moment for the information to sink in before I'm out of bed, ignoring the slight protest in my stomach from my room.

Marek...or Marek as Tai isn't in the hallway when I open my door, having vanished into the depths of the estate where he will never be found, able to get back to Vaia with no issue. I don't even want to think about how I kissed him, convinced it was Tai. Fighting the urge to panic, I run down the hallway, heading straight toward Tai's office.

Thankfully he is there, as I was half convinced he would be down in the cells, dealing with Nesrin. He looks up from where he was staring at his desk, looking over me, clearly not expecting me to be up and walking so soon after my wound remerged.

"Tai..." I breathe, stopping short. "I think I'm going to be sick."

"Woah, what's going on?" he questions, circling his desk, gaze sweeping over me. I let him touch me, even as I survey him closely, looking for any impurity in his appearance, to ensure a Summoner hasn't taken over him. Nothing about him seems abnormal, but that doesn't make me relax, knowing Marek is a powerful Summoner, one capable of replicating an appearance without any issue at all. What makes me feel better is the reality that Marek is likely long gone at this point, and wouldn't stick around any longer than he needs to.

"Marek was here, in the manor," I say quickly, assuming he is very much aware that Marek has escaped, since Nesrin will be in his cell. I wonder if they even bothered to clean up all my blood...

Tai flinches. "You saw him?"

"Sort of," I comment anxiously, rubbing the back of my neck. "He pretended to be you. I didn't realise until the last moment."

Tai cups either side of my face."Are you okay?"

"I kissed him," I wince. I don't want to hide this from him, and Marek is definitely not worth it. "He tried to stop it but I...I kissed him Tai."

Tai pauses, a dark shadow of anger passing over his face, although his grip on my face remains gentle. A slight amount of fear bubbles up inside me, knowing that Marek is the one person in these lands that can truly anger Tai to the point he would do something irrational. I watch the way a muscle in his jaw feathers, his eyes darkening as they glance down at my lips, as if he is imagining

"It's okay, we will find him and he will pay for that." His tone is effortlessly smooth, yet the fury laced in there makes my blood chill. I'm not sure if Marek will truly pay for it, but there is every possibility Tai will go out of his way to try.

"I should have known..."

"Would you like me to take you to your room?" Tai asks softly, seeming to snap out of his Marek haze, focusing wholly on me now.