THIRTY SEVEN

Alpha Isaiah is now on Wattpad! Go check it out (:

Word Count: 1804

~Akara

Nurses, not accompanied by Tai, helped me back up to my room. There's not much they can do for me, but with a few remnants of Tani blood, I've been able to get myself to a point where the pain has gone away and I don't feel as though I'm going to throw up at every second.

A knock sounds through the room, rousing me from my partial rest.

The door opens a crack, Tai looking through. I smile weakly at him, knowing that so much has transpired since I last saw him. I can't bring myself to be upset at him, not considering I'm on the verge of dying at every moment. I should be mad, I should yell at him and tell him he is the reason I threw up blood in the first place, and he should have known stress could do that to me. It won't help either of us though, and I know that.

"I apologise for not coming earlier," he murmurs softly, closing the door behind him. He looks exhausted, dark circles crowded under his emerald eyes. "Marek has escaped."

I push myself up into a sitting position."Of damn course."

I'm conflicted on how I should feel about Marek. Part of me wants to be upset that he escaped, for Tai's sake, but I'm actually not. Marek wouldn't have left until I told him to. He would have stayed with me to make sure I was okay, even if it meant sacrificing himself.

"But Kailor found Nesrin wandering around in a nearby village. She has been brought in," he notes grimly, coming to sit on the edge of the bed beside me, an unnerving amount of space between us? He must be worried I'm upset at him still.

"For questioning?"

"Interrogation." He rubs the back of his neck, looking uncomfortable. "She's been locked up."

He doesn't look happy about that, so I don't feel guilty for not wanting that. Nesrin may be known to be working with Vaia, but if she is brought in, it's likely she is going to deal with kailor's wrath, and he isn't going to be as merciful as Kailor. Even though it's not what I want, for anyone else to get hurt, Kailor isn't going to listen to me.

"Tai this isn't right," I whisper quietly, voice shaking. Tai may love me, but I could beg him to end everyone's suffering right now, and he wouldn't. He's a King, and he has a role to play in getting his territory back, no matter the cost.

He furrows his brows. "But we need to. You know that."

"What is she saying?" I ask him. I would go see her, but I would only make things worse. Nesrin is going to be Kailor's problem, since she was his Noble and he knows more about her than anyone else, which means she is going to be in the most amount of danger.

"Not much," he sighs. Him and I both know that the less she says, the more danger she is in of being tortured and eventually killed by Kailor.. "She's as hard to crack as him."