First Round (Chapter 23)

----------------------------------------

NO ONE POV: 

----------------------------------------

We could see the teams that have managed to pass the second part of the sports festival some were quite nervous and some were excited and some were proud to have gotten so far in the sports festival despite the ups and down that they faced, Midnight was seen holding the microphone ready to announce how the first round of the 1v1 battle will go. 

Kirishima: Ah yeah, finally getting a chance to show what we're made of, I watched this finals every year and now I'm actually in them. 

Mina: So wait, is it always a tournament. 

Sero: the finals always a one-on-one competition but they switch it up every time last year it was a sword foam fighting match. 

Midnight was seen lifting a lot where the students get to pick there opponent in that matter as she started speaking to the students. 

Midnight: Come closer and draw lots to see who you're up against then enjoy the pleasure of the recreation game before we start, the 16 finalist have the option of participating in those activities or sitting out to prepare for battle, I'm sure you all want conserve your stamina, I'll start with the first place team. 

Ojiro (Raise Hand): Um, excuse me sorry but I'm withdrawing.  

Everyone was shocked that Ojiro was ready to forfeit his place in the one-on-one matches as they looked at him trying to figure out why he would throw it away like that. 

Iida: This is a rare chance for you to get scouted. 

Ojiro: it just wouldn't be right, I barely remember anything from the Capture the flag battle until the very end of it, I think it was that guy's quirk.

Gray glanced towards a young man with messy, indigo-colored hair that flares out in large tufts around his head and notably straight teeth. His eyes are purple with white pupils, and are thin and somewhat triangular in shape, pointing downward, with no visible eyelashes. They're usually half-closed, and he has very dark eye bags underneath them.

Gray (Thought): So that was his teammate and he say he barely remember anything could it be some mind possession...no he would have been in the hero course if that was the case I will figure him out later. 

Gray: Are you sure you want to give up like this Ojiro, I know that it's your pride that is in stake here but make sure your pride doesn't hurt your future.  

Ojiro: I wish I could take advantage of it but my conscience won't let me, everyone gave there all in round 2 but I was just someone puppet no way I don't want to advance if I don't even know how I got here it wouldn't be fair. 

Toru: You're making way to much of this just kill it in the finals and prove you should be here. 

Mina: Yeah, what she said I didn't do much in the battle either. 

Yukiko: It's best if you don't pressure him there would be no gain from it if his heart isn't in it. 

Ultear: Also like Gray said before everyone is fighting here and not only that everyone pride is on the table if he were to advance he will feel ashamed and unworthy of reaching to the third part of the exam it's best if you respect his decision.