Chapter 14: Connection

"I would rather not talk about trash while I eat," I scoffed not really wanting to answer the question.

"That bad?" He asked as he took a bite of his food. In response, I just nodded and laughed a little which made Dylan laugh. We talked and ate for the most of my dinner. I really started to feel a connection with him.

"Are you falling for Dylan O'Brien?" I wondered to myself.

Well the car will be about in about 10 minutes," He stated looking at the time on his phone.

"Perfect because I just finished!" I exclaimed happily.

The young man really had planned it all and made sure everything was done as best as it could be done. He stood up first and then I copied his actions. Placing the money on the table, we both walked through the restaurant and out of the eating area we were just in. Both us us strolled side by side as our bodies brushed against each other with every step we took.

"Okay this is probably a good time to tell you. I know you said you wanted to watch 21 Jump Street but it wasn't playing anywhere so my manager made us our own drive in!" He explained proud of himself. I was kind of gob-smacked that he went through all that for me.

"You didn't have to go through all that trouble. We could've watched something else," I smiled. It was so kind and thoughtful for him to go through all that trouble for me.

We both hopped into the car waiting out front. Dylan drove in the drivers seat as I sat in the passenger.

I rode over to the drive in movie that Dylan manager set up for me. I looked out of the window staring at the bright lights. Eventually, I got the a gravel road and saw a giant monitor. Smiling, I looked over at Dylan as a thankyou.

He put the car in the parking space as someone who I assumed was the manager ran out with popcorn and drinks for us.

We got comfortable as the movie began to play. After a while, I lay my head on his shoulder. As I did it, he looked down at me with a grin. Both of us continue watching the movie as I cuddled up next to each other. The movie credits began to play because It had finished so Dylan restarted the car.

He looked over at me, "Ill be right back,"

Doing what he said, I sat and waited in the car for him to return.

Dylan walked over to a group of people, however I felt someone watching me. Then I heard footsteps.

Quickly, I looked over in the direction of the footsteps were coming from. Sighing out of relief, I realised it was just the lady who brought the drinks and popcorn earlier, "You scared me!"

"What's your game here?" The managed said in a rude tone.

I looked at her confused, "I'm sorry 'game'?"

"What do you want with him... hmmm," The woman trailed off before continuing , "Are you using him for money, maybe popularity or is it just because you can?"

"I don't think I understand," I replied not knowing what she was on about.

"I'll help you then. I can ruin your little, pathetic life girl. After tonight... You don't call, text or see him again,"

"Are you serious?" I chuckled a little thinking it was just some sick prank.

"Very! You stay away from him, you hear me? I know about the Jimmy Fallon show. You go on it and say there is nothing there. Got it?" She took a quick pause to get her breath before continuing, "You are bad for him and his career. Stay away from him or I promise you you will will regret it."

"I'm sorry.. Do you have any idea who you are talking to?" I scoffed as the woman just looked at me confused , "I am sure my father would love to hear about this conversation. Do you know who my father is? You know Mr. Torres. That lawyer. Who everyone loves? I'm sure he would hate to see the way your talking to me,"

As the manager realised who my father was and how he is very important to the government, her eyes widened.

"How about you tell him yourself. So call his assistant, Oh wait," I snapped my fingers together, "That's right he is always busy. Well maybe you could wait on hold or we could make this faster and I could call him myself?"

"This is just a misunderstanding," Was all the lady said to me - lost for words.

"Oh I'm sure. Plus, I did not want to be found by Dylan. Okay he came looking for me... Now have a good night,"

The manager began to walk away from me, "I enjoyed our chat," I smirked.

"You'll never be good enough," She murmured and carried on walking off.

"Wow I can't believe I just did that. I don't even talk to my dad," I thought to myself and laughed a little.

I looked over my shoulder and saw Dylan walking towards the car. "Sorry I took so long. Ice cream?" He asked as he hopped in the car.

"I would love some!" I exclaimed smiling. There was no point in telling Dylan what happened.

Dylan backed out and started driving over to a near by ice cream shop. As I looked out of the window, I felt a coldness on my thigh which sent chills down my back. I looked over to see Dylan's hand places on my leg. I got butterflies. Looking from his hand, I looked to his face a few times. Until I places my hand on top of his and then continued to look out the window. We rode in silence but not an uncomfortable silence but a peaceful, calming on. He kept his hand on my thigh the whole ride over to the small shop on 20 Street. Then, he pulled into a parking spot and turned off the car engine.

"Stay here," Dylan looked over with a genuine smile.

I waited as he said to and watched as he exited the car and jogged over to my door opening it of me.

"Wow, such a gentleman," He looked at me and put his hand out to help me out the car. I grabbed his hand without any hesitation. As I stood up, I looked deeply into his eyes. We walked to the shop doors and walk in.

______________________________

__________________________________________

I did not really leave it on a cliff hanger but I usually do. Anyway thanks for reading! There finally getting closer to each other - its about time lol. ✨🌼