Chapter 17

Chapter 17

Earth, 2015

I am woken up, by my phone ringing. I answer it, still half asleep.

"Liv? Are you okay?" I hear Uncle Steve's voice ask me worriedly.

"Uncle Steve? I'm fine, are you?"

"Yeah, the whole team is pretty shaken up, but we're fine. We're at Barton's safehouse, I think Thor could really use seeing you, and to be honest, I could too. If I give you the address, do you think you could teleport here?" he wonders.

"Yeah, sure, what's the address?"

He gives it to me, while I jot it down and Uncle Steve says:

"Please, stay invisible, the others are going to ask too many questions if they see you get here so quickly."

He hangs up after I promise him to stay invisible. I look down at Peter still asleep. He looks so cute. I gently press my lips on his forehead, before whispering in his ear:

"Steve just called me, I gotta go, I'll call you later. Thank you for everything. I love you."

Peter doesn't answer me, but I take his groan for an 'okay, I love you, bye, be safe' and teleport myself to Clint's place. I see that Thor is about to leave, talking with Steve, so I run towards them, making myself invisible.

"Uncle Thor! Uncle Steve!"

"Liv?" Thor asks.

"Yeah, it's me. Uncle Steve told me everyone was shaken up, how are you feeling?" I reply, as Steve walks a bit further away, to give us some space.

"It's fine. I just had a dream. I need to know the ending, and I won't find it here."

I nod, as he adds:

"Goodbye for now, munchkin, do not fear, I will come back to you before I leave Midgard."

I thank him, tell him to be safe, and he flies away. As I am still invisible, I walk up to Steve and hug him.

"I was so worried for you," I say, as he hugs me back.

"And I was worried for you."

"How are you?" I question

"We took a pretty big hit. These enhanced teenagers, not older than you, are by Ultron's side. One of them was able to use mind control on us, and it was pretty bad, but I'm fine, don't worry," he replies.

"I'm glad you're okay."

"Where did you go after Ultron attacked us?" he asks

"I stayed at Peter's, I just left to come here," I tell him.

"I'm glad you weren't alone. We need to stop Ultron, he's after us. I'd feel safer if you went to the Sanctuary. That way, you would be protected by Sorcerers, and Peter wouldn't risk being in danger."

I promise him to go there and hug him goodbye because Clint is coming our way, and even if I'm invisible, I don't want to take any chances. I teleport to the Sanctuary, startling Wong:

"Liv? I didn't think you would come so soon," he says.

"Yeah, I need a place to crash for an undetermined amount of time," I say.

"Sure, but aren't you supposed to be in school?" he asks

"Shit. I forgot about that."

"Okay, well then, go, now," he orders.