Chapter 15

Chapter 15

Earth, 2015

"So, what are your plans for today?" Uncle Steve asks me as we eat breakfast.

"I have a date with Peter tonight," I reply, "it's our six-month anniversary today," I add, smiling.

He smiles too:

"So, when am I going to meet this Peter guy?"

I blush and shrug:

"I don't know, eventually, maybe," I pause before adding, "are you sure you can't make it for career day at school today?"

He shakes his head:

"No, I'm sorry, I wish I could, though."

"It's okay, don't worry about it," I reply.

Today is career day at school, and everyone is supposed to bring a parent. Unfortunately, I have no one to bring. Steve and I finish eating and I leave for school shortly after. Once I'm there, I meet Peter by his locker.

"Good morning!" I say cheerfully, kissing him.

"Hey, love!" he replies, kissing me back, "happy six months."

"Happy six months! Is May coming today?"

He nods, and asks excitedly:

"Is your uncle coming?"

I shake my head:

"No, he's too busy. It's all right though, it'll give me more time to look around and learn about different jobs."

We're interrupted by MJ and Ned:

"Good morning love birds!" Ned says, as MJ greets us as well.

We greet them back and walk to our first class together. The two first periods go by quickly, as everyone is pretty excited about career day this afternoon. After lunch, we head to the gym, to see that everything has already been set up, and only the parents are missing. The tables are set up by professions, so that each parent will go to the table that represents their job. We sit in the bleachers while they gradually arrive and start getting ready.

"Wow, it's a good thing they decided to do this inside, it looks like it's going to rain," MJ says, looking out the window.

I look outside to see that she is right, the sky is dark, and it looks like a storm is coming. I really hope Peter and I won't have to cancel our date. The teachers finally let us start walking around, so we head to different tables. Peter and I walk around hand in hand, and finally decide to go see May. As we talk with her, the storm starts raging outside. Peter is startled by the thunder, but I am not; growing up with Thor taught me to anticipate thunder. I laugh at the memories of when my father was teaching me how to teleport, and I couldn't succeed, so Thor gave me an incentive. He would strike lighting over my head, and I had to teleport elsewhere before it hit me. I've been hit by lightning a couple of times, but you eventually get used to it.

"Liv, are you with us?" Peter asks, squeezing my hand.

"Yeah, sorry, I just lost focus for a second."

I turn my attention back to May, telling us all about nursing, but I'm distracted again when everyone slowly falls silent in the gym. I turn around to see what is causing this reaction, and gasp loudly. I can't believe he's here. I let go of Peter's hand before running towards him and jumping into his arms. I squeak while he laughs: