𝐗𝐗𝐗𝐈𝐈𝐈

ANNAGRACE REID

ANNAGRACE REID

"i love you." i grinned as i glanced over at billie.

"i love you too," she smiled. "but pay attention to the road; i'm not tryna get into a car crash."

"yeah, yeah, whatever. there's nobody even on the road right now."

me and billie had went out for a drive, out of the city. the road was pretty deserted.

i looked back to the road and my eyes widened. there was a squirrel there, but when i saw it, i didn't have enough time to swerve to try and not hit it.

"what was that?" billie asked with furrowed brows.

"a squirrel..." i mumbled as i pulled over.

"is it de—" she started to ask but i cut her off as i turned to look at her.

"i'm gonna cry," i pouted. "i feel so bad."

"babyyy, don't cry," she frowned as she cupped my face. "it's okay."

"i'm going to. it didn't deserve that, i— it probably has a family, billie! a-and now it won't get to see them again!" i felt my eyes well up with tears.

she stroked my cheekbone with her thumb. "calm down, bubbie. it's okay." she reassured softly.

"why did it just stay there? i-it didn't even try to move! oh my god, i'm a murderer!" i cried.

"you are so precious," she gave a soft laugh as kissed the tip of my nose and wiped my tears. "look, it's okay, alright? i'm sure it's fine."

"go check." i sniffled.

"baby, i—"

"go check if it's okay." i told her again.

"okay," she sighed. "do you want me to drive the rest of the way?"

"mhm." i nodded.

"alright." she kissed my forehead and got out of the car.

i watched in the rear view mirror as she got out and went behind the car to look for the squirrel. she looked off to the side of the road, and i watched as a small smile formed on her face.

she walked back over to the car and came around to the driver's side. she opened the door and bent down to my level. "i think you just got it's tail, mama."

"so it's okay?" i asked as i sniffled again.

"yeah, it's okay," she chuckled. "it went off to the side of the road and i saw it with a bunch of other squirrels."

"oh, thank god," i let out a sigh of relief as i rested my head against the headrest. "i still feel so bad though."

she let out a small giggle as she kissed my cheek. "it's okay, bubbie."