𝐈𝐗

ANNAGRACE REID

ANNAGRACE REID

"guess what, dr. reid!" jessie demanded excitedly.

"what is it?" i asked.

"tomorrow will make two weeks of me being clean from vaping!" she exclaimed. "can you believe that?"

"i'm proud of you, jj." i gave a smile.

"you're just saying that 'cause you're my therapist." she mumbled as she blushed, sinking into the couch.

"nah, i'm actually proud of you," my eyes widened with a smile. "for real! i know it's not easy to stop, and you're almost two weeks clean! that's something to be proud of, seriously."

"whatever." her blush deepened as she hung her head so that her curly hair would fall around her face and hide her blush.

cute.

"so, how are you, jj?" i asked.

"uh, i'm good, i guess," she gave a shrug, then a large grin came across her face as she said "i hung out with my best friend, matthew, for the first time in a while yesterday, which made me happy as hell."

"aw, i'm glad," i smiled. "do you not see him often?"

"no," she shook her head. "he's always busy as hell. and when he isn't busy, he's spending time with his wife, daisy."

"ahh," i nodded. "do you have any other friends that you hang out with?"

"not really," she sighed. "there's matt, which i just told you about. there's my brother, but he's in college in maryland to become a surgeon. then there's also aiden and joslyn that i met in college but they got married and moved across the country." she pouted.

"then there's also sophia, but we kinda fell off," she sighed. "she said she was in love with me. that just— i dunno."

she leaned her head back on the couch. "i don't do relationships, so it just made everything awkward," she then looked to meet my eyes as she ran her tongue over her lips. "there is one person who i think i would try a relationship with though."

"yeah? do you wanna tell me about them?" i questioned.

"nah," she shook her head as she broke eye contact. "it's not like— we couldn't happen anyways."

"that's fine that you don't wanna talk about it," i told her truthfully. "but who knows? maybe y'all could happen."

she glanced at me again. "you think so?"

"of course."

her face flushed slightly but she shook her head again. "i dunno."

<•>

"hi." billie greeted as she stepped into my office.

"billayyy!" i grinned.

she playfully rolled her eyes. "what are you up to?"