29. Worries

Before Reading: Have you checked out the teaser for "Butter"? If not go and check out that first! Then read it

Love you all!

The tea was served on the table. Anhye invited Eun Ae for the tea as well. As a queen she knows how to treat a guest. As Anhye was taking a sip from her cup, Eun Ae stared at her. The magic she used will start taking action as she drinks a single drop of it. Anhye will feel immense pain and blood will flow out as an indication that the unborn child is no more.

Eun Ae was mentally smirking that she didn't realize that Anhye completed drinking her tea. She looked at Eun Ae who was looking at her creepily. Everyone's eyes fell on her.

-"Umm, Eun Ae, your tea is getting cold." Eun Ae snapped out of her thoughts. She took a sip of her tea but she looked at Anhye with her eyebrows frowned. Wasn't she supposed to scream?

But nothing happened. Anhye gracefully bowed and walked out. Leaving a confused and shocked Eun Ae with few of Queen's maids.

Flashback
Few minutes after Eun Ae left the kitchen:

After Eun Ae left the kitchen, a man entered. He was tall, with a perfectly built body and wide shoulders. He took the cup in which Anhye's poisoned tea was kept. Throwing it outside, he poured another cup of tea in it. With that he walked out before anyone could suspect anything.

That night

Suga was standing in the royal pavilion alone staring at the sky. The moon was shiny by the lake in front of the pavilion. It was pleasant. The stars were twinkling, the sweet smell of flowers captivated the lake. The sound of crickets mixed with the stillness of night.

In the midst of it Suga was standing alone, lost in his thoughts.

-"Guardian?" The sweet voice of his beloved broke him out of his thoughts. He turned around to see his wife walking towards him.

-"Anhye? Dear, what are you doing here, so late at night?" He asked as he pulled her in his arms. He saw her guards standing. He motioned them to go back. They bowed and walked away.

-"I was about to ask you the same thing. Is everything okay?" Suga had one of his arms around her waist and another one on her bump. He let out a sigh and said.

-"I am just worried about you and our baby. I don't want to take any risk. The baby is developing and I am afraid of any threats."

-"Is it because of Guardian Eun Ae?" He sighed again and nodded.

-"After I became a Guardian Spirit, I was alone. I didn't know what to do. Eun Ae was the first person to initiate a conversation. She was a very kind hearted and noble Guardian Spirit. She looked after me, taught me how to live there; how to find happiness in the forest. I looked up to her as my mother and my elder sister. She never showed any signs of romantic feelings. She was the reason why I am alive today, and I will be forever grateful to her. We were good friends. Dojeon and nature respected her as well.

And she always considered me as her family, her little brother.

But everything changed two years ago. She suddenly changed. She treated everyone differently. Her eyes didn't hold that calm and loving gaze. Instead they held something that couldn't be depicted. Her power which was symbolized by white flames turned grey. And she started to flirt with me. I don't like it. Nobody liked it. older than us, and much more powerful. Eun Ae became violent and jealous. She injured every female creature that I even looked upon. Everyone, including me, feared her. So we always made excuses to give her less reasons to visit me.

I really miss her." tears dropped from his eyes. Anhye slowly wiped them. Suga continued.

-"She changed and she is here. She knows that I am married to you and I made you pregnant. This Eun Ae doesn't like it"

So she tried to poison you. Suga thought.

-"I am afraid. I don't want to lose both of you". Suga placed his head in the crook of Anhye's neck. And he cried. She patted his head and his back. She herself was getting teary. Yoongi rarely becomes weak or expresses his fears, his vulnerability made Anhye hurt.

She pulled Suga to face her and placed her lips on his.

After a few minutes, they broke their passionate kiss. Anhye placed her forehead on his.

-"Nothing will happen to us. We have each other. You are my Guardian, my protector. Eun Ae won't do anything! We will be strong, for each other; for our child."

Suga smiled and kissed her again.

-"I love you Suga"

-"I love you Anhye."

***

Everyone in the palace was curious about Eun Ae. Apparently the queen said that she was Suga's friend and came here to give her blessings to the unborn child. Everyone was enchanted by her beauty, many of the maids wanted to be her lady till she stays. She received more attention in the palace.

Some men from the court even thought that Eun Ae looked better with the king. Well these were the same men who earlier despised when Anhye was crowned for the first time and when Suga whose rank in society was unknown was chosen by the king. They never liked how a lady ruled, how a common man became a king, how the prince invested himself in art, how this royal family was not like that of any other kingdom.

These men were in the court since their family served the kings. They thought themselves as superior and looked down upon others. They always opposed the Queen's ideas for the kingdom's development and wanted to bring their orthodox mindset back in this kingdom. But neither Anhye nor Suga paid any attention to them. So currently they focused on spreading an ugly rumor.

The King brought beautiful Eun Ae to be his concubine.

*.✧*.✧*.✧*.✧.*

Finally, posting so late