18. Punishment

<Anhye's POV>

I followed master Min as he took me to a room. It was a small one, but I don't think I will have any problem. There was a small chest. The Guardian Spirit left and I closed the door. I opened the chest and there was a hanbok and a pair of shoes. As I was about to take them out, someone knocked on the door. I opened it to see an old man standing with a tray in his hand. 

*°*°*

-"Mr Kang! You were also t-there? You just had moustache and beard at that time!" I said with my eyes wide open.

This is not a coincidence, right?

-"Yes child, I was there. But I can't tell you everything right now. You need to watch."

*°*°*

-"Hello your highness, I am Kang Dojeon, at your service. I am the keeper of this place and also the advisor of the Guardian Spirit of the South Baekdudaegan. I will be there anytime if you need anything. Here is your meal. Now let me take my leave." He bowed.

I took the tray and bowed to him. I closed the door and took out the covers from the food. The aroma of the food spread across the room. Tears filled in my eyes. I am finally eating something good. I closed my eyes and prayed for good food.

*°*°*

Watching her highness eating good food after so many days reminded me of the day when Yoongi took me to his rooftop. There he decorated a table beautifully and for the first time I ate dishes I never imagined that I could ever eat. All items were fancy yet we're cooked with love by Mr Kang. When I asked Yoongi what that was for. He said he liked eating under the stars rather than in a fancy restaurant, even though it is his family property. I remembered I caught him staring at me, when I was enjoying the great food. When I asked him what he was doing, he blurted out that he loved watching me eat happily. I blushed at his words and looked away.

A tear slipped down thinking about Yoongi.

I missed him.

*°*°*

<Narrator's POV>

It was night. Guardian Min was standing on the roof watching the forest and the mountains. Suddenly he noticed that the forest was burning. He transported himself to that place and found that some men were intentionally setting the trees on fire. No one could see Guardian Min standing. After a while the men walked away through the way which led to Anhye's kingdom. Min was raging. He closed his fingers, into a fist harshly.

Meanwhile Anhye was sleeping peacefully. Suddenly she felt a burning sensation on her wrists and ankles. She got up at once and found that the marks were glowing while the pain was increasing and she started to cry. The pain was unbearable. She couldn't hold anymore. She started screaming. Soon she felt dizzy and fainted. 

The alliance was unhappy to find that peace was restored in Y/n's kingdom. So they decided to destroy the forest again. They assumed that the queen would never return. So why not destroy the kingdom. They again began destroying the forest.

From that day Guardian Min made Anhyehe household works, even the least important ones, throughout the day, without a break (other than necessary). From cleaning the whole building to cooking, from washing clothes to bringing water from the river, which is quite away from the house, etc…she had to do everything, without a break. She had to wake up early in the morning and had to stay up late night, until Guardian Min finally goes to bed. 

Even though Anhye never did household work, she was taught everything, and even if it was tiring she did everything just to keep her kingdom happy and peaceful, for all her hard working people, this was nothing so she did everything without complaining. She had very little time to eat, bath and for her necessities. She was growing paler and thinner due to excessive work. But Guardian Min cared less, he would keep a watch on her, and if he feels like it is not satisfactory, his power injured her hand where he marked.

 However, Dojeon felt the pain of the young lady, and even watched her cry alone at night. He wanted to help her. He went pretty along with her. Once Dojeon carefully kept an eye on her if she faked herself or not, he wanted to find if she is the cruel ruler forcing her people to destroy the mountains, but instead he found her as a kind, soft and warm hearted hardworking intelligent lady. He adored her and now it hurted him to see that the innocent queen is the victim of someone else's trap. 

So he decided to confront Guardian Min. 

-"Guardian, don't you think that you are punishing that young lady too much?" The Guardian just chuckled.

-"Too much? This is the least punishment I give on her, because I pity her! She and her people were destroying the mountain, even after she was here, her people were busy destroying the forest! What do you think?"

-"I think you are taking this decision out of rage, unlike the others, which you take wisely! That girl is innocent, and I highly believe she is trapped. And her people cannot do that."

-"Now you are taking her side, huh?"

-"I don't think I say something without thinking or looking deep into it. Remember, I am your advisor and I am not chosen for you without any reason. I have even visited her place. It has been over a month that I kept an eye over her and I completely believe her".

-"So my advisor tells me what I should do because I still don't believe her!" The Guardian said sarcastically.

-"If you don't believe me, why don't you take a test of hers?" Yoongi raised an eyebrow and smirked.

-"Why not?" He said looking at Y/n who was cleaning the corridor.

No matter how much he tried to avoid her, his eyes never left her dedicated figure. He had seen a lot of humans on protecting the Baekdudaegan but she was rare. She was someone who never feared for the truth. He even secretly watched taking care of small plants in front of her house and for little break while working, she spent with the animals that visit the house. He couldn't help but question himself, was he right? 

But everytime he saw the mountains being destroyed, his questions turned into ashes of his rage against humans. 

Yet, will he find the truth?

*.✧*.✧*.✧*.✧.*

Thank you for reading! Do vote and comment!

Due to rising pandemic of Covid once more in various, please take care of yourself. Stay safe, stay healthy and do take required precautions while go out. No matter what you always have me by your side ♡

You can connect me ⤵
Instagram: _dreamfics
Twitter: SmileL66820787