1. Little One

<Y/n's POV>

Finally, I am done with today's work! Working in the library is surely interesting but it was really tiring, especially today. Like each one of us had to hold so many heavy books and stand still, until you receive another stack of books! But I am happy because today I all received my pay.

Let me introduce myself. Hi, I am Y/n. Just a normal girl like you all. Well, I am an orphan. So I didn't receive love or care. I had a quiet childhood with my friends in the orphanage. Somehow I studied hard to apply for my favorite university, and yes, I got admission. I took literature as my major, because I just love them. Why do you need humans when you have books? After I left the orphanage, I started earning on my own. I have a small apartment, which is very comfortable for me. It is spacious and enough for me. So yeah, you can call me a nerd as well. I wear baggy clothes, specs and a bun, ponytail and braids are my style.

But I am very sensitive. Due to my looks and quiet personality, I am a victim of bullying and depression. It was made fun, because even the top students were popular and not typical "nerds". Me and some students who just like me study here through scholarship get this treatment as we don't belong with them. What else can you expect from me in this high class environment? So I had a hard time regarding this. I had to spend money for my depression treatments which resulted in me skipping meals and doing two jobs at a time. Crazy as it sounds, I can't hate them. They might have their reasons right? And yes, I sometimes do try to speak for myself, but then those students tries physical means to bully me. And talking about teachers? They fear them.

Okay, a lot of introduction about me. I really need to walk home fast. I am thinking of buying some tteokbokki from my favorite restaurant. It has been a long time since I had a feast. I walked alone smiling to myself. As I reached the bus stop, I checked my time, the next bus was around 30 min late. So I took out my phone and earphones and listened to music and scrolled through Instagram, watching BTS uploading their new concept photos. I looked at my surroundings and saw an old man sitting on a chair and a cat in his lap, and some antiques, including pots and jewelry of maybe Joseon Dynasty lying in front of him. He was wearing a long shirt and had circular black goggles. I couldn't see the cat clearly, since it was dark. Soon a lady came up to him, asking for the cat's price. As he was about to hand the cat to her, the cat screeched and jumped out, walking to the middle of the road. The woman got angry and walked away with her money.

I was watching everything from far and saw the cat sleeping in the middle of the road without giving two fucks. Suddenly I heard some noise of horns. I realized that a car was coming and would hit the innocent creature. I rushed to it and picked it up. The cat was still sleeping. I took it to the old man.

-"Sir your cat was about to die!"

-"Thank you young lady. Well, as a reward, I have an offer. Will you buy this cat? He is really special"

-"Excuse me?"

-"Yes young lady, this cat is a bit lazy and scary, but he is very special, you can say a keeper."

-"But sir, this is just a cat!"

The old man smiled.

-"Young lady, you are naive. How much of the world do we know? What secrets do you think are still not known? Mother nature is very special. Each and every creature born in the lap of mother nature is unique and special. We don't know what creatures we can come across. The world is full of surprises."

-"Sir if this cat is so special, why are you selling it?"

-"Do you think I am selling him for fun. I am old, uncertain of my death and he still needs a lot of love and affection. And you don't have anyone else, he will give you company."

-"How do you know I am alone?"

-"I guessed it."

I thought about it. It won't be any harm to take care of this little creature. I accepted his offer and he held me the cat in a bag, which is to carry him.

-"2,000 Won" I nodded and walked to the bus stop where I kept the bag. It's quite cheap. I placed the cat on the sitting place and walked to the man with my purse. But to my surprise, there was no one as I was about to offer the money. I stood there shocked.

What did just happened?

Suddenly the sound of the horn broke my thoughts. I quickly took my bag and that cat and walked to the bus. It was quite empty so I took a seat near the window, thinking of the man's sudden disappearance.

The cat was really beautiful and adorable. I awed at him while he was peacefully sleeping. I caressed his back.

-"Hey little one, I name you Min..."

*.✧*.✧*.✧*.✧.*

Hello everyone! The first part of this book is out!
Hope you love it ♡
Please do vote and comment, I would love them 💫

You can connect me, here are my socials ⤵
Instagram (I also write ffs in here) : _dreamfics
Twitter: moonminlove