8. Truth Revealed

I cooked lunch for both of us when suddenly someone knocked on the door. I opened the door and saw the most unexpected person.

Hyunjin

I was shocked to see him in front of my house after he did it to me. I looked at him. His eyes were puffy and he looked vulnerable. I could see regret for what he did, maybe for the first time.

-"What are you doing here?" I said trying to be cold to him.

-"Y/n, please listen to me. I very well know that I have badly broken your heart after what I did. And this was not my first time. I am clearly aware of my actions. But everytime I dumped someone, they would just feel on their knees, either begging me to take them back or start crying.  Eventually leaving. 

But you, you stood for yourself, no you stood for me-my good side as well. I have only seen you from a distance and only knew you as a victim. But last night I saw the pain and disappointment in your eyes and your struggle to hold them, well knowing that you had no one to hold you. 

Throughout my life, I was always cheated on, I was just like you. A young boy looking for love. After I was stabbed a thousand times due to my wealth, I decided to change myself to find someone who loved me for who I am. But all I found here that girls were after me for their needs. I tried hard, really hard, who would understand me. But I gave up. 

But for the first time, I saw someone standing in front of me with their head. who really loved me for who I am. And it really hurts.

I know I don't deserve an angel like you, but I will beg for your forgiveness. A-and I will change f-for you!"

Hyunjin ended up breaking into tears. He was on his knees crying. Even I started to cry. Life really plays games with us. I knelt in front of him and slowly wiped away his tears. 

-"I already forgave you". Hyunjin looked at me with his eyes wide open.

"Yes, no matter how much you hurted me, you don't deserve to be hated. I know I am hated by everyone in the uni, but I don't want them to hate me personally, because of my actions. So do you. Your heart tells that you have a will to change and I believe you."

Hyunjin's eyes sparkled with hope, and finally he said something which pricked him.

-"Does that mean, we are getting back together?"

-"Hyunjin, as much as I want you back, I want you to start a new life, a life where you will live for who you really are. I should not say this, but I am hurt, you are the first person whom I gave my heart. But that doesn't mean I will leave you. I will be your friend, stand by you. Help you to heal."

-"B-But I love you!"

-"As much as it hurts you, it hurts me as well. But the world has not ended yet. You will find someone who will love you as much as I did or more. Just don't give up hope. Till that day and forever, you will have me."

We both smiled in between our tears.

-"So friends?"

-"Friends!"

***

<Narrator's POV>
You were proud to see Hyunjin changing. He stopped hurting or flirting anymore. He was showing his innocent and true self. A young man, finding his love and smiling for every little thing. Hyunjin's love for you slowly changed to friendship, as he accepted that both of you are no more in love with each other. For the first time you had two people who you proudly called as "friends". Well this might make someone jealous. And this made you happy.