5. Boyfriend

<Y/n's POV>

Hea raised her hand to slap me, I closed my eyes at reflex. But nothing came.

I opened my eyes. Someone held His arm. I turned around to see him.

Yoongi…

What is he suddenly doing here? Hea tried to release her hand from his grip, but he couldn't. Until Yoongi himself let go of her hand with force that she stumbled backwards. Why did he stand for me?

-"Yoongi, why are you defending that dirt? We clearly know she is not like us." Hea held his biceps, slightly pressing and leaned to his ears.

-"But, look at us, we are so much more common and better, we look so much better together. Both of us are equally rich, famous and talented. We will be the hottest couple."

She seductively whispered in his ears. I don't think she actually "whispered", she said quite clearly for us to hear. I quietly rolled my eyes. Again the same drama of Hea. Every boy of our uni melts under these "seductive" clown behaviors of Hea. I thought of Yoongi too. But instead of responding, he held her hand and pushed her hard that she felt on the ground. A chuckle left my mouth. Everyone was shocked.

For the first time Hea is rejected!

-"You, follow me. You are going to show me the university". Yoongi held my arm and pulled me behind him. Okay, for the first time, a handsome man like him, asked this poor and ugly (hey reader, you are beautiful!) a girl like me, saved me and asked me to give him a tour! My heart betrayed me and started beating like crazy as he held my arm. Blood also rushed to my cheeks. I couldn't help but stare at his face. I don't know why those eyes are so familiar to me, but I can't recall.

The day passed normally and I really want to get back home and have a great lunch with my Min. As I walked I had this feeling of someone following me. But everytime I turn around, I find no one. I shrugged off this feeling and went home.

A week passed. I have not been bullied this whole week. Because Min Yoongi never left my side. Not a single minute! I feel like he is my bodyguard. However he doesn't give a single glance or speak a single word. He is extremely talented. He even got a chance in the university's basketball team. There also he makes me sit on the bleachers and watch him, no matter whatever work I have. 

I try not to be affected by him, but both my heart and body betrays me.  He makes me stutter every time I try to converse with him, and I get flustered and my heart beats faster for our slight interaction. 

I am having lunch right now in the canteen having my new book I took from the library for this week. The canteen has food which is good but costly. So I use this time as reading. And Yoongi is beside me, doing his assignments. Suddenly I felt a tap on my shoulder. I turned around to see Hyunjin carrying two trays of food, with a smile on his face. He took a chair and sat beside me, placing a plate in front of me. I looked at him, with my eyes widened. 

-"Eat".

Hyunjin said, bringing me back to reality. I thanked him and quietly began to eat. 

Hyunjin is our university's one of the most popular boy. Handsome to say the least, he was well-mannered, and good at studies. But he is a big flirt and I have heard that had many girlfriends. To be honest, I had a crush on him for few months. But, soon I realized that it was nothing but mere attraction.

-"Uhm, Y/n, I want to say something." He said softly. 

-"Y-Yes" I internally face-palmed myself for stuttering.

-"Well, Y/n, I have had a crush on you for a long time. I was afraid to confess till today. But I finally gathered up some courage and decided to confess to you. So Y/n, will you go on a date with me?"

I can't believe what is happening right now. My heart betrayed me and I unconsciously nodded my head. We're my feelings coming back or was it because I couldn't reject him? Hyunjin smiled at me and pecked my forehead, along with giving me his phone number. But throughout this I felt someone's burning gaze on me. I turned around and met the dark eyes of his. As our eyes met, the whole world stopped. But his dark eyes held something else as well. I couldn't understand, jealousy?

<Narrator's POV>

Two months passed, and Hyunjin was the perfect boyfriend Y/n could ever ask for. Perfect dates, adorations, "I love you"s, gifts and so on. Except one thing. Kiss or skinship. Everytime Hyunjin tries to kiss her on their date, Min becomes the unwanted guest. He never let Hyunjin kiss Y/n. He would scare him away and even after scolding him for a thousand times, he remained the same unbothered. While on campus, she found a change.  She was not bullied anymore. Hea and her "bff's" stopped coming near you because of Yoongi. He wouldn't talk much, but he wouldn't leave her alone.

 He would never let Y/n spend quality time with Hyunjin. She would get angry at him, but he didn't care. He would either follow her or make her follow him.

On the other hand, Min Yoongi's popularity rose in no time. Lot of love letters, proposals, flowers and notes gathered in and around his locker. He would read them, but he would nicely and coldly return them back to the person, rejecting them. He became popular even after rejecting many because of his coldness and manners, and his handsomeness is just a fact, which is the reason for the jealousy of many. While Y/n couldn't fit in the group of people surrounding him, and become separated. But every single time Yoongi notices it and turns back to holds her hand.

Hyunjin belongs to a very rich family, father owner of almost all the largest shopping malls and a very popular CEO,and his mother, a doctor. He, thus, lives in a high class society, in which Y/n is not comfortable. She couldn't accept the branded clothes and accessories, and she was unable to manage the etiquettes in five-star restaurants on their dates, ending up embarrassing herself. She couldn't stand with his friends who discussed their vacations in Hawaii or the new Gucci clothing. No matter how much Y/n dreamt of a lavish lifestyle, she would always prefer her daily struggles, her small apartment and her Min. 

But she was happy to have the support of Hyunjin at this elite society.
Maybe Hyunjin was the right one for Y/n and her future, or maybe that's what she thought.

*.✧*.✧*.✧*.✧.*

Thank you for reading! Please vote and comment!

Due to rising pandemic of Covid once more in various places, please take care of yourself. Stay safe, stay healthy and do take required precautions while go out. No matter what you always have me by your side ♡