Chapter 19: Unity

Templar's POV

It had been two months since the Assassins had dropped off the grid, putting the Templars off their game. Many have continued to train and strategize, but many still held fear deep in their hearts. Only on occasion, did the assassins resurface, but none were ever caught. They had all upped their game since their last encounter with Abstergo.

Every Templar bustled about on a continuous loop. Every Abstergo building buzzed with life as they tried to match the Assassins speed. Scientists worked around the clock for hours on end, to discover the secrets of the recovered Eden.

And powerful leaders of ages past, worked diligently to formulate a proper plan.

Haythem Kenway was at the heart of it all. Proudly, he strode through the white walls of the facility. The heels of his older era boots clicked harshly against the clean tiles on the floor. He listened to the sound bounce off the walls and echo back to him as strode towards the Elevator. At first, he was nervous and even afraid of approaching the metal box of lifting. But, being here for this long has taught him that it's more safe than it may seem.

Kenway had only just been called up to the main planning office with the Grandmasters of the past and future from his viewpoint. A meeting was to be held among only a few people to push through a plan of their own, of people with certain skills.

He stalked into the boardroom, head held high as he looked around. He expected that there were going to be at least ten Templars in the room, but there were only a few. At the head of the table sat Cesare Borgia. A quill in his hand, an ink bottle beside him as he scratched away at the parchment paper that sat before him.

The paper shifted to the side harshly, tearing as a large streak of black ink bolted across the parchment as Cesare angrily cast the pen off the paper, "How have they eluded us for this long!" the man shouted, anger dripping from his tone.

Shay stood beside the raging Italian, rolling his brown eyes at the man's temper tantrum. "They are assassins, they work in the dark-"

"Which is why we should shed some light on the situation. We've neglected the resources our descendants have given us. If we can access the memories of our ancestors, we can find some of their bases," Haytham spoke confidently as he pulled one of the chairs alongside the table and sat down calmly, resting his arms before him on the table, his hands just barely touching his lips.

"How are you so calm about this Kenway?" Cesare growled as he broke the tip of the quill from pressing down on it so hard, the ink splattered onto the tiled floor, tainting its pure blank void.

Haytham rolled his eyes as he looked over at the Italian, "I have dealt with many assassins in the past. As has Shay. It probably also helps that we don't have a temper, like you."

Cesare glowered at the man who sat diagonal to him, his eyes momentarily darting after Shay as he perched down on a chair beside Haytham. Taking a deep breath, Cesare looked at the two men equally. "Who do you suggest we put in this magic box that our descendants have constructed?" Borgia asked as he rubbed his temples angrily, attempting to not shout again.

Haytham groaned quietly in annoyance as he looked over at Shay before focusing his attention back on Borgia, "I know not the candidate we put in. If we are lucky, Cesare. Abstergo, should have some people for us that would be capable of going back in time to figure out where we need to go,"

"You better be right about this Kenway. I'll-"

"You'll what? You have been forbidden from laying another hand on any other Templars around here. What impression do you think it would leave on our, higher up, if you were to take another being out of commission." Haytham started, keeping a cool expression on his face.