Chapter 18: Leap of Faith

(image not mine)

NO ONES POV

It's been about two months now since everyone first arrived at the new assassin hideout, everything has healed and everything has reverted to a normal many of the assassins enjoy.

Most have spent time training and learning all they can from the past and future master assassins.

A majority of the time, (Y/N) was off practicing and training with Ezio and Arno, and had gotten a great deal better under their tutelage. This of course, made Altair jealous, and on several occasions would try and sabotage their meetings with each other. What ticked the ancient assassin off even further, was catching Ezio place a gentle kiss on the (H/C)'s haired girl's cheek one night.

Thus ensued a war for your affection. The two at first had tried to be subtle for the longest time, but even then, there was difficulty in this. After Arno attempted to bring (Y/N) out on a picnic one evening, the two boys Ezio and Altair ruined the night for her, thus partially ruining a tight bond of trust and friendship between the three.

Now, only Arno trained the girl. Kept her in check and made sure Ezio and Altair tried to do something else stupid around her. That was about two weeks ago. Now, once again the two were in the midst of a training session, that was growing rather intense.

(Y/N)'s POV

I ducked and dodged left and right, trying to avoid the sharp edge of Arno's blade. Said man was dancing around me gracefully and with the agility and speed of a cheetah.

Watching him move made me question how in the nine rings of hell anyone was able to move that fast, especially in the past!

I yelped in surprise when the tip of the blade was lowered right in front of my face, signaling the end of the training session.

"Go clear your head," he said, looking down at me.

I stepped away a couple feet before looking up and meeting his calm gaze, "What-"

"You're still distracted by what happened... trust me when I say it's best you go clear your head, perhaps it's best you go talk to one of the other masters about this. I'm not the best with this kind of thing..." he muttered as he sheathed his blade, the metal ringing out in the now silent training room. Turning in his place abruptly, and walking out of the room.

I sighed to myself softly before walking out of the training area, looking around and finding no one. Slowly, I shut my eyes, concentrating, before opening them once again. My vision flickered heavily, before the world turned a soft shade of blue, and the people a darker shade, and a few people stood out golden. The masters. My vision flickered out again before I could really see anyone around here and where they really were. Back to guess work then.

Alone, I wandered around the Assassin Base, searching for one of the masters whom I came here with. I found several, ranging from Jacob to Connor. But I knew they wouldn't be the best to go too.

Connor is a cinnamon roll, and Jacob is... well, Jacob. Besides, it looked like he was busy brawling with the Rooks. Evie was also next to him, but she was tending to the ones who were stupid enough to get themselves hurt. Most of the injuries were minor, but it was evident Evie was far passed being annoyed.

I sighed softly, feeling bad for the elder female assassin. Shaking my head, I slowly walked away and down another dimly lit hallway. A few other Assassins wandered around, conversing with others as they walked past me. Giving no second thoughts to this assassin in training.

For a long while, I wandered, not really caring where I ended up. Soon, I came across a bare storage room. It was surrounded in darkness, but it would work for what I needed. Walking in, I climbed into an old storage crate and sat down, curling up in the empty bin.