Chapter 19- Hard Decisions

Writer~San: Did I already show this picture(that is NOT mine!)? I don't know but have it anyway since it's so darn cute. ThE LitTLe bAbY! *totally losing my mind over the killer bitty* AAAAAHHHHH!!!
.
.
(~Your POV + Time Skip Few Days~)

I shrieked loudly before hitting the ground, my face buried in snow. Ink's paintbrush, Broomie to be more specific, slammed into my side for the 14th time today. Ink held it firmly, stepping back, "Come on Y/N, you're not going anywhere until you can dodge a basic attack." Breathing heavily as my aching arms push me back up, I complain, "It's been days. Do you realize how tired I am?! The training isn't helping."

Ink's face is completely serious, an emotion that's rare and almost worrying to see on him. He sighs and lowers his weapon, "We're trying to prepare you for a fight. In any case, fight or fleeing, you need to be able to dodge quick attacks."

"Yeah, sorry to break it to ya but he's right, kid." I was startled by the new voice. I looked around the trees and another figure surfaced from the forest. A Sans, wearing a white T-shirt, blue jacket, black shorts, and pink slippers. His blue pupils gazed to Ink and he has a big smile, "Hey buddy, what brings you here?"

Ink smirks, "Training with our friend, Y/N. I needed a better environment so she can be used to fighting in the cold. Sorry, did we intrude on a timeline?" "The kid and Pap are on their 'date'. As long as you stay in this area, it'll be fine." The Sans responded, putting his hands in his pockets.

"Y/N, this is Sans. He's the original Sans, you can say. We just call him Sans but he's got a few nicknames. Comic, Classic, Ketchup are the main ones?" Sans shrugs smiling, "I don't keep up with that but sounds right."

'He.... dang it..'

He looks so much like Killer, more than the others. I hate it. I dislike having the reminder of what I can't go back to, what I couldn't protect. I look down at the ground and fight with my own emotions. Sans speaks to me this time, "If it helps, I think the reason you're getting slammed so many times is because you're overthinking it."

'What does he mean by that?'

He continues, "You focused on everything at once so ya keep tensing up. When you're tense, it's hard to move your body the way you want it to. Mind if I help?" Ink expects me to answer him, giving me a small glare.

"I.. Whatever." I give up, throwing my hands in the air for a moment. "Alright, let's start small. Duck."

'Huh?'

A fast bone zips towards my head and I scream, leaping to the side. Because of that, my entire body got slammed into a nearby tree instead of Ink whacking me with his oversized stick. I groan loudly, screaming, "WHAT THE HECK DUDE?! WHAT KINDA HELP IS THAT SUPPOSED TO DO BESIDES DISLOCATING MY SHOULDER!?"

Sans smirks at Ink, "You noticed it too, right?" Ink nods, "I get what you're saying now." "Don't ignore me!" I squeal, feelings and shoulders hurt.

"Kid, you realize what you did wrong?"
.
"I trusted you."
.
"Y/N! He's only helping."

Sans answers, "You tensed up and overthought it. I even told you ahead of time, all you had to do was duck. Instead, you panicked and did that. It worked, but it was a waste of energy, you lost the sense of your surroundings, and you left yourself wide open for another attack." He chuckles, "Even if it was by a rooted tree.."

"Shut up! I never liked having things thrown at my face, okay?!" I fuss, rubbing my sore arm. "I don't want anything hurting you either, so why don't you put just a little more focus into it this time?" Sans offers, his voice remained kind and calm.