Chapter 2- Play A Game

(~Your POV + Time Skip Next Day~)

'RUN! RUN! RUN! RUN! RUN! OH MY FREAKING GOD!!!'

My legs and lungs feel like they're on fire. Am I even breathing? Doesn't matter, it's after me. SOMEONE is chasing me!

The snow crunches beneath my feet, yet I can hear the sound a few feet behind me. I don't even dare turn around. I only need to RUN!

I spent the night in a small cave. It took me until morning to fall asleep, still thinking about what I saw last night. When I eventually did get to sleep, I got woken up by a small shifting sound. I turned to find that glowing target from before lurking in the darkness behind me. Ever since then, it's been a wild goose chase.

I don't know where to go. All I'm passing is trees, snow, and ice. THERE IS NOWHERE TO HIDE! The footsteps behind me stop.

'Is it gone?'

All of a sudden, a figure blocks my path, jumping right in front of me. I scream at the top of my lungs, terrified as I try to stop. My foot slips from under me on a patch of ice, throwing me back. Pain shot through my entire back as I slammed into the ground. What was worse? I hit my head, the ice cracking under the pressure.

It feels like I broke my skull open.

I groan, holding my hands on my head. "Ouch, quite the slip-up. You should be more careful." A deep voice muttered.

'It talks.'

As much as I didn't want to, I decide to face whoever this is once and for all.

A short skeleton stands above me, his hands hidden in the pockets of his dull blue jacket. His eye sockets are pitch black, narrowed as he stares at me. It looks like a black liquid is dripping from them. For some reason, he finds my fall funny, proof being that unnerving smile he has.

Hovering in front of his chest, there's the red target, the one I saw twice.

'Great, now I know exactly where to punch him for scaring me like that.'

As I slowly sit up, he continues talking, "Y'know, I'll give it to ya that you're pretty quick. Haven't had to run that much since Alphys tried to escape."

'Who? What?'

This dude is half my height but not gonna lie, what makes him terrifying is that he looks perfectly capable of being a creepypasta. I scoot back from him, trying to find my voice.

'How is this guy alive?!'

He notices and steps towards me, smiling wide, "Oh come on sweetheart, don't be so quick to judge." "Y-You stalked me a-a-and then chased me. That's a perfectly good reason to judge." I stutter, my words not sounding confident in the slightest.

He stops, "I was trying to introduce myself. It's not my fault you made this difficult." "I don't know what kind of culture you follow but you are way off." I mumble.

"It's always when they're cornered when they suddenly choose to have a back bone. I'm not scared of you so drop the act." He remarks, not phased at all.

Against my will, my body starts shaking. I can't stand looking him in the eyes, I just can't.

"The name's Sans, Sans the skeleton. What's your name?" "Y/N." I reply, hesitant. I don't like the idea of giving my name to a weird stranger that happens to be a living nightmare. His mood is hard to read though. I can't afford to do anything else in this situation that would put me on his bad side.