Chapter 28- DT Extractor

(~Killer's POV~)

Y/N whines, "Sans, I really don't like the look of this thing." She stares at the DT extractor, I can sense all of her anxiety from here.

I step away from her wheelchair to check the condition of the large invention. It's got dents and large claw marks in it's skull-like shape.

'Definitely not what it looked like when I last saw it...'

Thankfully, this didn't do much damage to the exterior. It was planned and built to withstand powerful amounts of energy, determination obviously, and possibly as much as a small explosion. I have a feeling the damage was Chara's doing, or that creature of her's. They were trying to get rid of the one fault in her plan.

All of the large power cables seemed to still be intact. "Sans.." I hear Y/N softly call me, fearful. I turn, "I'm right here, sweetheart." She's back to grabbing at her head again, "It hurts. She doesn't like this. She'll come here." "It'll be okay. Listen to my voice, okay? I'm right here. You'll be okay. This machine will fix everything. Chara can't hurt you anymore once we do this." She silently stares at the floor, no further reactions. Y/N's bright (e/c) eyes have gone dark and dull.

'This will work. It has to. She'll get better.'

Wasting no more time, I rush to the place where the doc kept the control panel. It's completely wrecked. Unlike the actual extractor that's heavy built, the controls are not. I suddenly feel really cold, seeing it, "No.. No, this isn't-.." Wires have been shredded. Claw marks go through the metal walls as if they're paper. The cut circuits probably burned the damage even further. Parts have been crushed and some are lying in pieces on the floor.

'This is NOT good.'

"What's wrong?" Y/N asks, worried because of my distress. "That thing, it got to the control board. It's severely damaged." "ARE YOU KIDDING ME?! WE CAME ALL THIS WAY FOR NOTHING! YOU'RE USELESS!" She yells, furious. I jump from the sudden tone, turning back to her. Y/N's pupils flickered bright red, her face flared with anger. Without warning, Y/N harshly slaps herself, letting out a pained shriek.

It goes quiet for a moment, with me staring at her with extreme concern. Her pupils go dull again and she mutters, "I'm sorry. I'm so sorry. I'm sorry, Sans. I..."

I mumble, "It's okay. You're probably right." "That wasn't what I wanted to say. Listen to me. You're smart." It startled me when she begins to laugh, "See this as that completely fried circuit box from back home. Right? You managed to fix that mess without a problem."

"Y/N, this is not that simple! This technology is different. The situation is different, we're not dealing with the effects of a snowstorm here. Wires are clawed and tangled, which means the power to the controls has to be redirected through something else. Who knows if the circuit chips aren't completely fried already?! The magic stabilizers have to be recalibrated. The amount of power we need along with a faulty and damaged system could overload and fry the system completely, hurting you and blowing up the entire lab! I don't even know if the backup carbon fuel cells are still functional!"

She interrupts my ranting, smiling, "Sans, all of that stuff you just said proves my point. You can do this. You're a complete nerd that probably looked so adorable in that lab coat." I groan, feeling my face heat up with blush, "That is off topic." Y/N giggles more, enjoying herself. I take one more look at the controls.

'It's worth a shot... Nothing wrong with one more lesson on testing.. heh.. Am I right, G?'

I smirk, "Fine. I'll see what I can salvage from the main computer and use those parts to repair the more crucial stuff. It doesn't need to be automated. I think there's a emergency manual override panel and tool kit hidden in here somewhere..."